Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vennart - The Demon Joke (2015) (ex-Oceansize frontman solo debut)

new album 'To Cure A Blizzard Upon A Plastic Sea' comes out on September 14th.

another new song

Immortal Soldiers

September can't come fast enough. This sounds amazing.

I can't wait.
    The Demon Joke was pretty darn good.
    The Prog Corner

another new one released. i saw VENNART perform last weekend at arctangent in the UK – very strong performance of both new tracks and standouts from “the demon joke” … and OCEANSiZE’s “part cardiac” with all its might as an encore. if the album is only half as good as the already released bits and this instant hit below we have nothing less than a monster coming our way:

yeah the more I hear, the more I realize I am not regretting ordering the super deluxe vinyl bundle with the bonus cd for this album.

But I'm a bit of a fanboy i suppose.

bump.

Copeland EP coming on 9/14 as well.

https://vennart.bandcamp.com/album/copeland-ep

"Castlefordian Girls" streaming

bump.

the new album is out today.

Went through it once.

I enjoy a lot of it, as mixed as the styles of some of the songs seem to be.

Donkey Kong and Spider Bones are probably the 2 I enjoy the most. The 2nd half of Diamond Ballgag is something I think I'll regularly look forward to.

I haven't heard the entire Copeland EP, but I guess it was put up to stream yesterday.

I've tried to find places to buy this (CD, not digital) outside of Vennart's own page, but haven't found anything. Vennart's page has a big banner about shipping outside of the EU being too expensive.

Anyone had luck?

Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    I've tried to find places to buy this (CD, not digital) outside of Vennart's own page, but haven't found anything. Vennart's page has a big banner about shipping outside of the EU being too expensive.

Anyone had luck?
    yes, same here (mainland europe). amazon (who i strive to avoid like the plague in general) merely have the downloads listed and no-one else seems to stock it. i'll probably buy it at the gig in november – in conjunction with that VENNART have already stated that these might remain as the final euro dates with, to quote, “the clusterf**k that is brexit” looming.

physical copies (at least vinyl, not sure about cd) are not shipping until October from what I recall he posted on twitter over the weekend.

Thanks. I guess I'll wait until October to see what happens.

That's the old one. I know the thread title is confusing, but we've been looking forward to the new one lately.

Oops.

Anyone found the physical copy yet? I still can't find it anywhere except his own page, but it's not clear it's actually shipping.

still waiting on my preordered vinyl.

If you have twitter, Mike Vennart is usually pretty good about responding to questions like that.

i am seeing him live next week and hope to pick up a proper copy of the album then. surprisingly, “to cure a blizzard” had been released to the general public here in germany as a freebie-CD in on of the country’s leading indie/alt.music magazines (ViSiONS). needless to say i picked that one up straight away – but i'd still like a proper CD in a digipack and with a booklet instead of a quick fire cardboard wallet thingie that is bound to only get lost. such a great album (not sure about the final three tracks though).

The only update I see is on his Twitter: Shop is still paused while Beth @Vennart_HQ finishes off making sure all packages are received! Stay tuned.

My hope is there will be physical copy eventually.

I got mine in the mail a little over a week ago.

it's sitting in my storage space, but likely this coming week I'm going to make a video for YouTube to show the whole thing.

For those still looking, Vennart is offering physical copies on their website again, although it's stated they are the last copies. I was lucky enough to get one and also picked up Target '15. It's an awesome album and I'm really enjoying it.