Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mancave, Fortresses of Solitude, Etc - Fables of Reconstruction

My whole home is my cave. Just moved my multitrack harddiskrecorder and switched it with my laptop, that is only in use to work with sounds of my sampler.

Here are some old pictures. Yes it looks a bit like a mess, but that is how it is.

P1000002.jpg
    P1000005.jpg
    P1000007.jpg
    P1000009.jpg

^^^

Very impressive. But is this the same Rarebird who a few weeks ago wrote: 'But still, for Spotify I need to turn on my computer and use the tiny speakers that go with it. I don't have a USB-port on the amplifier from my stereo'!!!
    We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease

Quote Originally Posted by Munster View Post
    ^^^

Very impressive. But is this the same Rarebird who a few weeks ago wrote: 'But still, for Spotify I need to turn on my computer and use the tiny speakers that go with it. I don't have a USB-port on the amplifier from my stereo'!!!
    Yes, that is me. Of course I can use my stereo with the USB-audio-interface, which is connected with my mixer, which is connected with my stereo, but that connection is only made when I work on my music, using a combination of software and hardware. Otherwise I compose with the small speakers from my computer and I only use the USB-audio-interface when making things ready for recording.
    I just prefer CD's over Spotify.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Three photos from my sanctuary. The biggest problem is that my wife now thinks it's one of the most comfortable rooms in the house (not shown, daybed with memory foam mattress). I had to move the TV out of here to discourage her from camping out, watching her shows.

Attachment 5465

Attachment 5466

Attachment 5467
    Emelia Clarke, I like her but have never watched Game of Thrones. I would marry her just for her eyebrows.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Let's see if this works. Here's a link to a video I shot and posted to FaceShit of the changes I made to the Man Cave yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/jerol.johns...7955004873913/
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Let's see if this works. Here's a link to a video I shot and posted to FaceShit of the changes I made to the Man Cave yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/jerol.johns...7955004873913/
    Content not available

Damn that FaceShit. OK, we'll try this.

mancave I 2020.jpg

mancave II 2020.jpg

mancave III 2020.jpg
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Rarebird, Jerjo... love 'em!!

Jerjo, what are the figurines on each shelf?

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Rarebird, Jerjo... love 'em!!

Jerjo, what are the figurines on each shelf?
    Mostly Lord of the Rings/Hobbit stuff.

My dream and my wife's nightmare, right there.
    My dream as well. No wife.

Banned
    Nice Gibson Hummingbird there Jerjo

Damn that FaceShit. OK, we'll try this.

mancave I 2020.jpg

mancave II 2020.jpg

mancave III 2020.jpg
    Lefthanded? Judging from the mouse.

Nope, I'm a rightie - but I use the mouse on the left because too many years of mouse abuse for work. I've got tendinitis in both hands and have to do exercises regularly to play just a little guitar.

Being left-handed myself it something I seem to look at. The only thing I do right-handed is writing.

The wall of sound!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I was forced to set up something of a mixed purpose man cave, just to create more space to hang out and not be in each other’s way. It's a combination listening room, gaming station, and gym. Still needs work. I’m very slowly tending to my collection, and also snatching up some select of the cheap, Chinese electronics I needed in case those days come to an end.

The eons are closing
    Do you have an enclosed space for boxset fondling? Or do you just do it in the open?
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    Do you have an enclosed space for boxset fondling? Or do you just do it in the open?
    He just has to quarantine the box prior to applying the drag 'em across the surface test.