Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Dimosioypalliliko Retire

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Alien Mustangs

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

SS, based upon your usual posts, I'm a little surprised to see you listening to Ciccada. They seem a little too "normal" compared to your usual favorites.

What are your impressions of the new one? I really liked the debut.

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Land View Post

What are your impressions of the new one? I really liked the debut.
    It's better to my ears...
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Land View Post
    SS, based upon your usual posts, I'm a little surprised to see you listening to Ciccada. They seem a little too "normal" compared to your usual favorites.
    Well, not at all, really; I'm a huge "symph" rock fan once it's done as good as with Ciccada. And I agree with Spyros that their new one os probably even better (and a bit more daring) than the already very nice debut.

He posted a dozen clips here with artists I've never heard (although I know several of the names, of course), so there's some work/listening to be done now.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Well, not at all, really; I'm a huge "symph" rock fan once it's done as good as with Ciccada. And I agree with Spyros that their new one os probably even better (and a bit more daring) than the already very nice debut.
    Got it. I guess I need to check out the new Ciccada...

I have most of the things you listed SS (and now need to explore all the new stuff Spyro posted) but this one sounds like it could be my kinda thang...

Purple Overdose - Solemn Visions and Reborn (great acid/space-rock with 'trons and excellent axework)

is it readily available through mail order?
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    Purple Overdose - Solemn Visions and Reborn (great acid/space-rock with 'trons and excellent axework)

is it readily available through mail order?

"Reborn" had been reissued in vinyl few months ago. The original release was Purple Overdose's only CD issue.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    He posted a dozen clips here with artists I've never heard (although I know several of the names, of course), so there's some work/listening to be done now.
    I think that some of them could be of interest.

PS. The Dark Entries label from US, started a re-issue of Lena Platonos early experimental/electronic works on vinyl.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    "Reborn" had been reissued in vinyl few months ago. The original release was Purple Overdose's only CD issue.
    is Exit #4 their first album?

and is Indigo their best Spyro?
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

is Exit #4 their first album?
    Exactly.

and is Indigo their best Spyro ?
    To my ears yes. It has the more balanced mix between proto-progressive rock (venturing even on early Camel realms) and Boss sound psych. Although music alternates between dreamy, mellow atmospheres and some moments of "tention" it produces a very relaxed feeling to the listener. A wonderful album all the way through...

Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by zutul View Post
    The Peloma Bokiu album was reissued in 1994 as two albums on one CD together with Nostradamos sole album (a real strange reissue)
    Yes, I remember reading about that - although I never got hold of it (quite obviously). I was confusing PB with one of those others I mentioned, like Leda/Spyros or Ypsilon.

Of course, both the Pete & Royce were memorably reissued just a few years back by none other than Spacefreak and crew. Great job on that one!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I need to revive this thread to present a record that possibly is of interest to the community. A friend played this to me the other night as an example of an under-appreciated Greek composer, and I had to immediately exclaim that "This is Prog man, this is pure Prog" to him. I have acquired the vinyl and I am more than impressed (also impressed by the vastness of my ignorance). Sfetsas has studied composition in Paris and this record could be dubbed progressive fusion with avant garde edges and a distinct Greek flavor. Lyrics and reciting is by Katerina Gogou, a highly important beatnik Greek poet and actress. I am not sure how this might sound to a non-Greek speaker, because the lyrics are just awesome and a huge part of the appeal of the album.

2018 saw an absolutely excellent album from Greece. I highly recommend Methexis Topos

2018 saw an absolutely excellent album from Greece. I highly recommend Methexis Topos
    Yeah, this is possibly my favourite record out of the prog bag last year. Zappathustra turned me on to it
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Ex Will O' the Wisp