Thread: King Crimson To Tour Canada in November

King Crimson To Tour Canada in November

"please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)

Sorry, i should have checked the other forums here before posting this.Mea culpa.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    Sorry, i should have checked the other forums here before posting this.Mea culpa.
    Don't apologize. I wouldn't have seen this had you not posted it since I never check that other forum. And people post news about live shows and tours in the main forum all the time. Why not this one?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Don't apologize. I wouldn't have seen this had you not posted it since I never check that other forum. And people post news about live shows and tours in the main forum all the time. Why not this one?
    This is great news - 2 nights in Toronto - oh baby.

If anyone comes across presale codes for the TO or Montreal shows, PLEASE post it. thanks

I guessed the code and it was crimson

grabbed a few seats hope my vacation plans materialize correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth8446 View Post
    If anyone comes across presale codes for the TO or Montreal shows, PLEASE post it. thanks

Thank you. I snagged tickets to both Montreal and Toronto. The Toronto code is also Crimson

I'd like to go, but those prices....too many other bands I could see for that money. I'm sure it will be cash well spent, for those taking the plunge, though.

neil

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    For those in the know, any idea what one could expect to hear? I haven't really followed King Crimson for years though do have and enjoy The Power to Believe. The band is actually playing in my hometown of Victoria. Any prog band in Victoria is a rare thing so I want to jump on the opportunity if I feel it will be worthwhile.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Arnold View Post
    For those in the know, any idea what one could expect to hear? I haven't really followed King Crimson for years though do have and enjoy The Power to Believe.
    On their recent tour, they were doing mostly material from the 1969-74 period, plus a couple of songs from the Fripp-Jakszyk-Collins album and some short new pieces showcasing the triple-drum lineup. They didn't do any of the vocal material from the Belew eras. They are reportedly working up some new material, which will probably materialize on the upcoming tour.

Thanks Mister T

Playing music from that era would be appealing for me. Now to await ticket price information. If they're in the ballpark reported in the other KC tour thread, then I'd likely have to pass.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Overheard a guy from Montreal (at last night's Steven Wilson show in Albany) who just paid $112 for a KC ticket telling his buddy how much he was looking forward to seeing Belew again. Hated to be the bearer of bad news but set him straight despite his initial insistence that Adrian would be performing.

Don - if you want real spoilers, I can give you the setlist from when I saw them in September. You could also pick up the Live at the Orpheum "love letter" (only 40 minutes long) to give you a feel for the sound of this incarnation. I will say that Sailor's Tale blew my mind when I saw them, and the version of Starless on Orpheum is killer. For those who might be afraid that these tours are merely a "best of" tour, the older stuff has some new life injected into it, and things are rearranged to accommodate the prolifically talented Mel Collins - who incidentally replaced a lot of the violin parts with baritone sax!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffo621 View Post
    Don - if you want real spoilers, I can give you the setlist....
    Thanks jeffo621. I've gathered enough intel to know that I would enjoy the concert. However, at a total price of $182.50 for two tickets at the cheapest price it's not looking like I'll be able to afford to go. Oh well, I can still spin my records.

third show added to Toronto on the 21st.

this date would work a lot better for me. anyone interested in purchasing the tickets I have for the 20th from me?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffo621 View Post
    Don - if you want real spoilers, I can give you the setlist from when I saw them in September. You could also pick up the Live at the Orpheum "love letter" (only 40 minutes long) to give you a feel for the sound of this incarnation. I will say that Sailor's Tale blew my mind when I saw them, and the version of Starless on Orpheum is killer. For those who might be afraid that these tours are merely a "best of" tour, the older stuff has some new life injected into it, and things are rearranged to accommodate the prolifically talented Mel Collins - who incidentally replaced a lot of the violin parts with baritone sax!
    Hi Jeffo,
    I am going to see them in europe and was wondering -
    Do they change the setlist from night to night? (especially if 2 consecutive shows are in the same venue)

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    Hi Jeffo,
    I am going to see them in europe and was wondering -
    Do they change the setlist from night to night? (especially if 2 consecutive shows are in the same venue)
    I saw both nights in SF and the setlist changed in that the order of songs was different. one night had one more song than the other also(so if you picked only that night you got every song possible the other night just got a little shortchanged)

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    I saw both nights in SF and the setlist changed in that the order of songs was different. one night had one more song than the other also(so if you picked only that night you got every song possible the other night just got a little shortchanged)
    Hmmm, thanks for the reply,
    Hope there will be more variance between shows in the european leg... going to see them 4 times :-O
    (Initially bought tickets to one show in Birmingham and one in Paris, and then they added 2 more shows and I was going to be there anyway... so what the heck )

there is so much to see it will still be fun even if the same setlist. heck you could just watch one drummer solely for 3 of the shows then take it all in at one .

Quote Originally Posted by gojikranz View Post
    there is so much to see it will still be fun even if the same setlist. heck you could just watch one drummer solely for 3 of the shows then take it all in at one .
    LOL! great idea