Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Wilson US Tour Check-In Thread

Chicago show on Friday the 5th and Madison on the 6th. Also did a double header for the Raven tour and the last PT tour in 2010. Will miss Marco and Guthrie.

2nd NYC show; Sat. 5/30.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

both NYC shows, one solo, the other with my daughter, who i took to see PT at the bottom line when she was 6. She's seen every PT tour with me that she was around for.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I still have an extra ticket (center orchestra Row H) for Albany 5/21 if anyone's interested...Pm me

Champion of Nothing Nicky Cupcakes's Avatar
    I'll be at the Keswick show, along with my brother-in-law.

Considering stopping off for a pre-show meal (and potentially a ginger ale or two) if anyone has good recommendations nearby. Went to Drake Tavern last time, great food and good beer selection, but it was very crowded - so not sure if we can land seats there again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Cupcakes View Post
    I'll be at the Keswick show, along with my brother-in-law.

Considering stopping off for a pre-show meal (and potentially a ginger ale or two) if anyone has good recommendations nearby. Went to Drake Tavern last time, great food and good beer selection, but it was very crowded - so not sure if we can land seats there again.
    Keswick Tavern right across the street

Madison - 6/6

Quote Originally Posted by schlongasaurus View Post
    Going to both Worcester and Boston. I have a feeling that it's going to be freakin tremendous!
    Is he playing upstairs @ Worcestor??

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Boston on the 22nd. Look for a slightly pudgy middle-aged white guy--that's me.

NYC Friday, 5/29. Front row right. First time seeing Wilson in any incarnation.

Mike
    Tabletop Genesis - A Genesis and solo career focused podcast, featuring the opinions of Tom Roche, Stacy Godfrey, Simon Godfrey, and Mike Lord - Listen on I-Tunes, or at http://tabletopgenesis.com/ Twitter: @genesistabletop Facebook: www.facebook.com/TabletopGenesis

Chicago Thursday 6/4.

Quote Originally Posted by zorknapp View Post
    NYC Friday, 5/29. Front row right. First time seeing Wilson in any incarnation.

Mike
    Fourth row center. I've seen all incarnations at this venue, 1st time getting to rest my feets, need to save them for Rush

Washington, DC, May 26.

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    I'll be at the central Ohio show.
    Er, wait...
    My thoughts exactly!!!
    The Prog Corner

San Francisco, The Warfield -- 6/14
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

chalkpie
    NYC May 30

Tonight!!!

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    This Sunday 5/24 at NJPAC Newark. First visit to what is supposed to be an awesome venue. Also first time seeing Steven post-Porcupine.
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

June 27- Montreal... As part of the Montreal International Jazz Festival...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Harrisburg on Saturday and Glenside next Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Budkingers View Post
    Tonight!!!
    How was it?

^^^yeah, really interested in how the new drummer is working out? Minnemann is a a very tough act to imitate.

The show last night was tremendous! The new material was killer live and Ancestral in particular blew me away. The new boys fit in seamlessly so no worries there. Most of the lead guitar work was very faithful to Guthrie Govans work on the album. This gig was a fairly late addition to the itinerary so attendance was a little on the sparse side. Even SW mentioned that they were nervously watching ticket sales for this one! i got the impression that a lot of people there were seeing him for the first time as it seemed to be a younger crowd than past times. It would be interesting to see if anyone would agree with me on that. It was the first time that Steven has played there and it's mostly known as a metal club so maybe that had something to do with it. I'm going to the sold out gig in Boston on Friday and I can't wait! Enjoy the shows everyone SW is at the peak of his diabolical powers!
    Last edited by schlongasaurus; 05-20-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    ^^^yeah, really interested in how the new drummer is working out? Minnemann is a a very tough act to imitate.
    The new drummer did a great job on the kit. He just doesn't have the charisma of Marco but then who does?

Also Harrisburg and Keswick here!