Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Hooffoot: Swedish jazz/progressive on Kommune #2 label.

To not release music on digital formats in 2019 is tantamount to saying, "Are you good enough to listen to our music?" It's elitist.

I didn't have any money when I was a kid so I listened to music on the radio. That was how I enjoyed music. It's a good thing artists didn't argue that all the subtleties of their art would be lost on the FM format so they'd rather not have their music played there.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Splicer View Post
    To not release music on digital formats in 2019 is tantamount to saying, "Are you good enough to listen to our music?" It's elitist.

I didn't have any money when I was a kid so I listened to music on the radio. That was how I enjoyed music. It's a good thing artists didn't argue that all the subtleties of their art would be lost on the FM format so they'd rather not have their music played there.
    It's a valid point. When I first got into music as a kid I had a cheap, crappy, mono transistor radio with a tinny three-inch speaker. It sounded like shit, but it gave me access to a world of magic. Later I got a cheap, crappy boombox with a cassette player. It was stereo, but it still sounded like shit. I loved it.

I mean sure it is nice to experience wonderful hi-fi sound (and I have a fairly expensive system myself now) but the medium, and the fidelity of the medium, are secondary. It's about the music.
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    It's a valid point. When I first got into music as a kid I had a cheap, crappy, mono transistor radio with a tinny three-inch speaker. It sounded like shit, but it gave me access to a world of magic. Later I got a cheap, crappy boombox with a cassette player. It was stereo, but it still sounded like shit. I loved it.

I mean sure it is nice to experience wonderful hi-fi sound (and I have a fairly expensive system myself now) but the medium, and the fidelity of the medium, are secondary. It's about the music.

As a kid I heard Beatles on a plastic grammophone with 1 speaker in the lid. It worked, I loved it (then).

I kind of disagree

What Adele did with her album 25 a few years ago was great and (almost) everyone on the planet applauded... You had the choice between vinyl and CD and that was it. Frack you if you didn't like...

Just that year, physical album sales doubled, only because of her.

Now I understand the point of being broke, but all too often, most simply don't want to pay for music and spend it on something they can't pirate.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    I kind of disagree

What Adele did with her album 25 a few years ago was great and (almost) everyone on the planet applauded... You had the choice between vinyl and CD and that was it. Frack you if you didn't like...

Just that year, physical album sales doubled, only because of her.

Now I understand the point of being broke, but all too often, most simply don't want to pay for music and spend it on something they can't pirate.
    I like some of Adele's songs especially the James Bond one. I listen to them on YouTube.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post

Good post!
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone