Thread: **Best** Sounding Stanley Clarke - School Days CD release

**Best** Sounding Stanley Clarke - School Days CD release

I have been reading that the Epic release is the one to get. Just wondering if anyone echoes this or recommends another release...

The original CD sounds fine to me. You might have to turn the volume knob up slightly, since it's an '80s era CD release.

Mine is the Epic release, and sounds good to me. Of course, if you search different forums, you will likely find the usual suspects turning their nose up and telling you why you shouldn't like it.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

"Life is just a game" was my point of entry into the world of jazz fusion.

Alternate version

Morning Goodness!

Thank You unclemeat for posting the above clips. Pretty overall classy dude - that Stanley Clarke! Listening to him in interviews is always a pleasure also!

Carry On
    Chris Buckley

I think I have heard them all, from the original Nemporer release to Stanley Clarke - The Complete 1970s Epic Albums Collection (7CD) (2012), I think they all sound pretty good, original recording standards helped a lot I am sure.
    The Box is a nice modern package with the classic albums. They all sound good.

cover.jpg

I think I have heard them all, from the original Nemporer release to Stanley Clarke - The Complete 1970s Epic Albums Collection (7CD) (2012), I think they all sound pretty good, original recording standards helped a lot I am sure.
    The Box is a nice modern package with the classic albums. They all sound good.

cover.jpg
    stanley-clarke-contents4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by profusion View Post
    The original CD sounds fine to me. You might have to turn the volume knob up slightly, since it's an '80s era CD release.
    I agree, for CD, but I use the 24-bit download released a few years ago as my go-to now.
    All digital versions that I've come across have sounded like flat transfers, so take your pick.

my vinyl is in excellent condition

no need for a CD
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?