Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920

Thread: The Ever-Expanding Gear Thread

Occipital Provocatee Plasmatopia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Ha ha...I am much more "familiar" with STRYMON, WREN AND CUFF, and PIGTRONIX.

I'd have to get awfully bored to bring that Daddy-O back into the rotation. But I do appreciate the encouragement.
    Yeah, if you already have great pedals I guess it's hard to get excited about a not-so-great one, lol!
    Just sitting at home rocking back and forth and jealously caressing my invisible collection of theoretical assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    You can pick up used (and modded) Daddy-O's very reasonably on Reverb.
    No need - in the UK, I have both the hi-gain channels on my Blackstar amp, plus a Blackstar LT Dual drive pedal, while in China I have a Blackstar HT-Metal tube distortion unit (hmmm, I'm sensing a theme developing here!). All of them are better than the Guv'nor, to be honest, and the last thing I need is yet more pedals!

Occipital Provocatee Plasmatopia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    No need - in the UK, I have both the hi-gain channels on my Blackstar amp, plus a Blackstar LT Dual drive pedal, while in China I have a Blackstar HT-Metal tube distortion unit (hmmm, I'm sensing a theme developing here!). All of them are better than the Guv'nor, to be honest, and the last thing I need is yet more pedals!
    I hear you. The only reason would have been for nostalgia. For me this all started due to my desire to get rid of anything I don't use or need. If I didn't have the modded Daddy-O I probably would have eventually wanted to add some sort of dirt pedal to my board. Honestly, my Mini Rectifier gives me all the gain I need (and way more) although since I don't play guitar live these days I don't need multiple levels of gain ready at the press of a button.
    Just sitting at home rocking back and forth and jealously caressing my invisible collection of theoretical assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    I hear you. The only reason would have been for nostalgia. For me this all started due to my desire to get rid of anything I don't use or need. If I didn't have the modded Daddy-O I probably would have eventually wanted to add some sort of dirt pedal to my board. Honestly, my Mini Rectifier gives me all the gain I need (and way more) although since I don't play guitar live these days I don't need multiple levels of gain ready at the press of a button.
    Yes, there is absolutely a special treat to be had by taking something ordinary and turning it into a good tool with a bit of thought and modification, especially when it neatly fills your needs like in your case.

When gear stops being useful I try to move my stuff along free of charge to a needy person...perhaps I should do that with the Daddy-O.
    Last edited by Gizmotron; 1 Week Ago at 04:30 PM.