Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021

Thread: The Ever-Expanding Gear Thread

Occipital Provocatee Plasmatopia's Avatar
    Yes, it's going to be interesting to see how well the tracking works. I don't have any real plans to use this in a live situation (since I don't officially play in any bands at the moment anyway), so if it works well enough for me to have fun with in my music room that's the main thing. But I went to see a couple friends of mine who have a duo over the weekend. It's drums and Chapman stick and they both do the occasional vocal. When they played Walking On The Moon (Police) I thought some guitar synth would be a perfect way to augment that. If I can just sit in once in a while I'd like to try that (if I can get comfortable with using the guitar synth), but I really don't want any band commitments.

I ordered the SY-1000 a couple weeks ago. Other than getting a notification of the order I've heard nothing else from the retailer. I'm sure they're extra busy this time of year anyway. But I'm not expecting this unit for a few more weeks. I saw one retailer had published a date of February 24th. I've only wanted something like this for about 35 years (since seeing Holdsworth), so I guess I should be able to handle a few more weeks.

Edit: The instruction manual is now available: https://www.boss.info/global/support...-c84bbff79755/
    Just sitting at home rocking back and forth and jealously caressing my invisible collection of theoretical assets.

Oh man! I added THE most exciting things to my Studio...patchbays!! I am soooooo excited.

Well, I am being facetious. While they are necessary, they are the most boring, non-sexy device that can be purchased. But they sure help save time.

Recently I discovered some handy functions with Arturia Analog Lab, that is part of the V instruments. I used to think it was mainly a soundmachine with the factory-sounds of the V instruments, with some limited possibilities to change things a bit, so not really an addition to the V instruments, but I allready had discovered one could combine 2 sounds, either layering them, or using them on seperate parts of the keyboard. I discovered one can also add effects to the sounds, which can not always be done with the V instruments themselves. Besides there is the option to make a list of sounds, even with different instruments, to change them with program-change messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmotron View Post
    Oh man! I added THE most exciting things to my Studio...patchbays!! I am soooooo excited.

Well, I am being facetious. While they are necessary, they are the most boring, non-sexy device that can be purchased. But they sure help save time.
    Just sitting at home rocking back and forth and jealously caressing my invisible collection of theoretical assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Recently I discovered some handy functions with Arturia Analog Lab, that is part of the V instruments. I used to think it was mainly a soundmachine with the factory-sounds of the V instruments, with some limited possibilities to change things a bit, so not really an addition to the V instruments, but I allready had discovered one could combine 2 sounds, either layering them, or using them on seperate parts of the keyboard. I discovered one can also add effects to the sounds, which can not always be done with the V instruments themselves. Besides there is the option to make a list of sounds, even with different instruments, to change them with program-change messages.
    New toys within previously owned toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmatopia View Post
    New toys within previously owned toys.
    Indeed, though I suppose at least part of the new fuctions are the result of some updates.

Just a moment of spam, my ex condition Korg Kronos 2 bought new from Sweetwater in Nov 2018 is up on ebay for $2250 + $75 shipping.(sorry US only)
    Also listed a excellent condition Arturia Minibrute analog synth $175+$15 shipping.
    The Kronos is definitely a desert island synth/workstation if there ever was.
    Since my wife retired last May, I'm downsizing my studio.

Message me for links:

You may return to our regular scheduled programming.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:05 PM.
    Soundcloud page: Open Window, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.com

My wife is a HUGE Smashing Pumpkins fan.
    And she likes to encourage my guitar hobby. Based on something she read Corgan talking about, she bought me an Electro-Harmonix Electric Mistress flanger/chorus pedal for Christmas.

She didn't realize I already have 2 chorus pedals and a flanger on my pedal board, as well as a multi-effects pedal, JamUp, etc.,.1 so I thought I might return it for something else.

But it's a new pedal and it was calling to me to try it. So now I have it hooked to my Yamaha THR10X and enjoy the hell out of it. She knows me better than I do, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by frinspar View Post
    My wife is a HUGE Smashing Pumpkins fan.
    And she likes to encourage my guitar hobby. Based on something she read Corgan talking about, she bought me an Electro-Harmonix Electric Mistress flanger/chorus pedal for Christmas.

She didn't realize I already have 2 chorus pedals and a flanger on my pedal board, as well as a multi-effects pedal, JamUp, etc.,.1 so I thought I might return it for something else.

But it's a new pedal and it was calling to me to try it. So now I have it hooked to my Yamaha THR10X and enjoy the hell out of it. She knows me better than I do, I guess.
    Very cool! I love how that all turned out.

I find that well-designed pedals are often unique. There is a reason that many players have 2 to 4 different versions of the same flavor. Sometimes, even within one designer, their are multiple reverbs, multiple flangers, etc. They can all be different enough to have.

Does one need zillions of pedals? No. But the more the merrier!