Thread: The Who

The Who

I haven't paid attention to The Who since high school and the It's Hard album and know a bit of their history but little musically beyond the obvious classic rock hits and a few other songs.

I'm watching the IOW show, which is the first time in what, three decades, I've actually seen the band. Pretty damned cool show. Odd blues tune, at least not the sort I'm normally used to hearing. Forget the title.

Would have been nice to have George Harrison and Keith Moon in Life of Brian, but things happened. He seems like a funny dude. Who thought it was a good idea to give him a mic on stage? That's a recipe for disaster but I have hindsight on my side and it was kinda funny when Pete slapped him. Also loved the rant about foreigners. I wonder what Keith was saying, it sounded like gibberish and even the close captioning came up with nothing. CC is pretty cool with these broadcasts on VH1 classis and such as I don't know these lyrics.

Why did Keith not use hi-hats? I've always wondered about that but never knew why. He did use them later, or am I wrong on that? Who Are You has hi-hats, right? Which is much later than the IOW show I'm watching.

Damn good show, as far as I have seen. A good decision to watch this show, it was.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Oops. Wrong forum. Oh well.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000