Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's up with Echolyn?

What's up with Echolyn?

In the last few months of 2014, Echolyn posted regular updates on their FB page about the recording of a new album. The last updates from mid-January 2015 suggested they were in the final stages of the process and that the album was going to be released early this year. Since then (mid-January), there have been absolutely no news or updates, more like total blackout. Does anyone know what they're up to? Can we still hope for a new album soon?
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

agreed... something seems off here... It's gone totally quiet when it should be the opposite by this point.

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

Maybe they're gearing up? Judging by the FB posts the album's called Lean In, no?

Pre Sale will be this month!
    David Robin
    Filmmaker/Drummer
    www.steelyjam.com
    www.davidrobinfilms.com

It makes more sense if you consider that they're all regular dudes with day jobs and families. It's taken me half a year just to get the garage somewhat clean. Just sayin'...
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    New album is nearly complete. I believe it's currently being mastered.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    It makes more sense if you consider that they're all regular dudes with day jobs and families.
    I'm aware of that and I would never blame them for taking more time than they had planned (after all the new album was first scheduled for September 2014).
    I was just surprised by the band's communication (or lack thereof): there was clearly a build up towards the release of the new album in terms of communication, so it seemed a bit odd to stop all communication just when it should be at its maximum.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

agree with Lefrog... It just seemed strange that it all went silent like it has....

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    As I recall, Echolyn has always been a bit quiet when working on an album, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Good news. Sounds like they are further along than I thought.

Mastering takes awhile!

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Then they'll honour the show dates from last fall?
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I just caught up with Chris Buzby to see how things are "progressing" and here's what he had to say about the new album:

"All is well in the land of echolyn! The new album has been mixed and mastered for several weeks and we are finalizing artwork very soon. Looks to be a summer release; it's just hard with us so far apart - but it's a total slammer of an album - can't wait for you to hear it! TEIB meets mei meets windowpane!"

Sounds pretty killer to me....gonna be an awesome Summer!

However it seems like live shows are not going to happen...at least for the foreseeable future:

"Live shows and touring look to be a thing of the past or the distant future, sadly. Our lives are so busy with family, work and distance that it's just not looking probable or possible. . We're just thrilled we can at least still find/make time to write and record.....better than nothing, yes?"

And of course....the answer to that is Y E S.
    echolynfan

Romans 8:28: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by echolynfan View Post
    "We're just thrilled we can at least still find/make time to write and record.....better than nothing, yes?"

And of course....the answer to that is Y E S.
    Agreed! I'm a happy camper if Echolyn continue to put out the occasional album. They've been hitting on all cylinders with recent output.

Picture of Ray Weston on his FB page today showing him recording vocals, so I guess they're just getting on with completing the new album as unobtrusively as possible. Can't wait for it to be finished!!

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    Picture of Ray Weston on his FB page today showing him recording vocals, so I guess they're just getting on with completing the new album as unobtrusively as possible. Can't wait for it to be finished!!
    The album is done - Ray was recording vocals for a single that will be added for anyone pre-ordering the new album:

"Putting the finishing vocal touches on a brand new non-album track/song we just wrote, arranged and recorded today to be released as a bonus download for those who choose to pre-order a copy of our newest studio album. Any interest echolyn nation? Stay tuned for details!!"
    echolynfan

Romans 8:28: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

The line Ray quoted ("Love, why weren't you missed") is from a song he wrote awhile back. I've seen him perform it three times. It's a beauty and a tear-jerker. I'm very curious to hear it with the echolyn treatment. If there were a physical line for this album, I'd be among the first in it. I simply can't wait. :-)

apropos of nothing I'm just gonna say that Weston's "The Most Violent, the Beautiful" is such a monster of a tune, been listening to that one on a daily basis

apropos of nothing I'm just gonna say that Weston's "The Most Violent, the Beautiful" is such a monster of a tune, been listening to that one on a daily basis
    That song seamlessly takes me back to a 1982 very much like his. I love it like mad. How cool to discover I'm not alone!

Killer song from a killer album. I've said it before, he's the best emotional vocalist no one has ever heard of. To rip off Joe Jackson, he can bring a tear to a glass eye.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    Killer song from a killer album. I've said it before, he's the best emotional vocalist no one has ever heard of. To rip off Joe Jackson, he can bring a tear to a glass eye.
    Hands down agreed. Him and the Gazpacho vocalist hit something in me that most vocalists just can't...perhaps MJK but eh, that remains to be seen any more?

My favorite moments of his are The End Is Beautiful, Cardinal And I, Moments With No Sound, and that bridge in Locust To Bethlehem...off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Haruspex Carnage; 05-11-2015 at 11:35 PM.

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    Hands down agreed. Him and the Gazpacho vocalist hit something in me that most vocalists just can't...perhaps MJK but eh, that remains to be seen any more?

My favorite moments of his are The End Is Beautiful, Cardinal And I, Moments With No Sound, and that bridge in Locust To Bethlehem...off the top of my head.

I'd add Make Me Sway to that list. Can't wait for some new music.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

I regret to inform you, Echolyn is back on their shit again

https://www.facebook.com/echolynband...911103/?type=3

I regret to inform you, Echolyn is back on their shit again

https://www.facebook.com/echolynband...911103/?type=3
    I'll be curious to see the line-up of this incarnation.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I'll be curious to see the line-up of this incarnation.
    What do you mean? The classic line-up reunited in 2002 and hasn't changed since then.