Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's up with Echolyn?

Quote Originally Posted by LeFrog View Post
    What do you mean? The classic line-up reunited in 2002 and hasn't changed since then.
    Yeah, not really sure what that was supposed to mean.

My guess is because the bassist is in that other band but i mean, why would that matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex Carnage View Post
    My guess is because the bassist is in that other band but i mean, why would that matter?
    That was why I made my statement. I recently was at a party with Tom. There was no talk of anything Echolyn-related in the works at the time, but it sounded like Valdez had a few things going on so I thought that due to time constraints, Ray may be on bass for this release. That's all I meant.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

What do you mean? The classic line-up reunited in 2002 and hasn't changed since then.
    The only line up change they ever had was when the bass player Tom, left. Ray took over on bass for a couple of albums. They added a percussionist for a few years, but then the bass player returned in 2002 as you say. So it's pretty much always been the "classic line-up".

Apparently Yves supposed that Tom had left because he's still busy with Valdez but there's never been any word on that. Given the slow pace at which Echolyn works, he can surely handle both.

Apparently Yves supposed that Tom had left because he's still busy with Valdez but there's never been any word on that. Given the slow pace at which Echolyn works, he can surely handle both.
    Ah, okay, that makes sense now. The photo on FB also shows Ray holding a bass so I guess it's possible Tom won't be on it. However, since Tom rejoined, Ray always plays bass on one track per album I think.

Quote Originally Posted by infandous View Post
    Ah, okay, that makes sense now. The photo on FB also shows Ray holding a bass so I guess it's possible Tom won't be on it. However, since Tom rejoined, Ray always plays bass on one track per album I think.
    The photos I've seen only show Brett, Chris and Ray holding a bass. Apparently they are at the very first stages of writing so it's possible the other two are not involved at this point. I don't think we should read too much into Tom's absence at this session.
    Not just a Genesis fanboy.

if anyone follows the band on Facebook, you can see that Chris recently beat prostate cancer....*might* explain the lack of activity lately. so everyone go congratulate him.

also appears Brett has a new project in the works
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Since I started this thread, I think there was an official confirmation that both Tom and Paul have left the band with Jordan Perlson rejoining on drums (and Ray likely becoming the full time bass player again). Did I dream it or have others seen this?

I know for sure Tom is no longer in the band. Not sure about Paul.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Brett’s new project is called Rise Twain. New track Everspring is up on iTunes & Bandcamp. It’s really good. Kinda like a proggy Jeff Buckley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I know for sure Tom is no longer in the band. Not sure about Paul.
    I asked Chris Busby (I think, it might have been Ray) about this on FB not so long back, and he confirmed that both Tom and Paul are no longer in the band. This is a real shame, as Ramsay's drumming especially is such a core part of Echolyn's sound that it's hard to imagine them without him.

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    I asked Chris Busby (I think, it might have been Ray) about this on FB not so long back, and he confirmed that both Tom and Paul are no longer in the band. This is a real shame, as Ramsay's drumming especially is such a core part of Echolyn's sound that it's hard to imagine them without him.
    Absolutely. As long as the core songwriting trio is still there, it's still Echolyn to me but both will be missed.

If that rise Twain tune is anything to go by this should be stellar!
    I'm sad to know Paul has left, but as long as Buzby, Kul, and Weston continue on I'll be a happy camper.
    I say it often on echolyn pages, I think Weston is one of the great unknown vocalists of the age! I hope he continues with Brett.

Eddie Jobson is delaying Echolyn.
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Another Rise Twain track was released, “Golden.” Terrific harmonies & BK cuts loose with some nice solos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Minor update - Brett, Ray and Chris are gathering again this coming weekend to state pre-production on four or five of the new tracks. I'm sure updates will be on Facebook.
    Chad

the Rise Twain album is quite nice. "Lit Up" is such a great tune.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Brett just announced today that they will be doing a few live shows. Ray will join them on bass and vocals. It will be a four-piece without drums for this incarnation.

Brett, Ray and Chris continue to write and arrange. I believe they are getting close to finishing up the writing. They have also started tracking some drums with more slated for the Thanksgiving time frame.
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Brett just announced today that they will be doing a few live shows. Ray will join them on bass and vocals. It will be a four-piece without drums for this incarnation.

Brett, Ray and Chris continue to write and arrange. I believe they are getting close to finishing up the writing. They have also started tracking some drums with more slated for the Thanksgiving time frame.

I find your comment just a bit confusing. You say they will be a 4 piece without drums, but there are three of them. Then you say they have started tracking some drums.

Having been following things on FB myself, I know that Jordan Pearlson is drumming on the new music, though I guess not as an official member? Not sure about that. So a 4 piece, with guest drummer it sounds like.

I find your comment just a bit confusing. You say they will be a 4 piece without drums, but there are three of them. Then you say they have started tracking some drums.

Having been following things on FB myself, I know that Jordan Pearlson is drumming on the new music, though I guess not as an official member? Not sure about that. So a 4 piece, with guest drummer it sounds like.
    I believe Chad's first sentence referred to Rise Twain, and the second to Echolyn.

Hang on, you are conflating things here.

The four-piece Rise Twain is Brett, JD, Ray Weston (bass/vocals) and an additional guitar player/singer named Adam Beck. No drummer for the mini-tour.

Brett, Ray and Chris (echolyn) continued to write, arrange and pre-produce and have started tracking drums. And yes, Jordan Perlson is recording drums for the new album. Currently, echolyn is a three-piece with a guest drummer. Ray is playing bass and singing, like he did on "mei".
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by kid_runningfox View Post
    I too will miss Paul Ramsey as i think his drumming is pretty key to the echolyn sound. However it was recently pointed out that Jordan did the drumming on Grey Flannel Suits, Human Lottery and i think American Vacation Song from Cowboy Poems which are three of my favorite songs ever, So I'm more than OK with that.

Regarding Tom, i think he's still active with Valdez and Advent so there's even more great music to enjoy.

Looking forward to when the new music hits.

Just got Rise Twain. It's not Echolyn but it's also not not Echolyn. There are some beautiful moments in here and I like it.

Here's a recent YouTube video the Brett posted tracking guitar for a new song called "Amityville."

Chad