Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Really spacy synth music?

Here's something I did recently that I think falls into this category. Not professional, just a hobby for me, but it came out really well I think. Let me know what you think.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

There have been a few references to Stomu Yamashta's Go and Go Too releases. I personally find his solo Sea and Sky (1985) release to be far spacier and synth heavy. It's a great listen with a good set of headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by Speare-shaker View Post

Why not go with the music of the spheres themselves?
    Listening to this reminds me of the movie, Solaris, based on Stanislaw Lem's book of the same title, where a planet, or a planetary-encompassing entity creates reality (or seeming reality) from the minds of the astronauts that are studying it. (BTW, there's also a pretty fitting soundtrack to the 2002 movie remake.)
    Just seems like the kind of sound you'd imagine emanating from the planetary ocean.

I'm listening this artifact....Dark Ambient....

Neptune Towers - Caravans To Empire Algol

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Here's something I did recently that I think falls into this category. Not professional, just a hobby for me, but it came out really well I think. Let me know what you think.

I like this a lot- what equipment are you using?
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Just listening this one...

Another ambient masterpiece IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by ozric75 View Post
    Just listening this one...

Another ambient masterpiece IMO...
    Not spacey but very earthly sounds, this is one of the best David Parsons albums, very good throughout. Just unbelievable how he manages to pump the energy while his music remains pretty static. Amazing album, just not "in the key of Space" imo.

And two more recommendations (I know Michael Stearns has been mentioned before):

Michael Stearns Live @AMBIcon 2013

Michael Stearns: Encounter
    "The world will soon be right again,
    Innocence and undying love will reign."
    - Transatlantic

Quote Originally Posted by Dana5140 View Post
    I like this a lot- what equipment are you using?
    I'm glad you like it. My first take on something I could truly call ambient. I have a bunch more stuff here, in many different genre's and styles, just scroll down. I'm experimenting and having a blast. https://soundcloud.com/user-139631929

I bought myself an Arturia Keylab 88 MKII for Christmas. It came with an Ableton DAW and a huge assortment of instruments and synths. I've been downloading various VST's and experimenting with sounds, mixing techniques and mastering. A lot of this piece is the Pigments synth from Arturia which is just incredibly versatile and so much better than any of the hardware synths I used to play in my youth.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post

Great stuff !! Sounds like a cross between Steve Roach and Biosphere. I’m checking out your other stuff now. Thank you for sharing .