Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser's Edge signs Agusa

Laser's Edge signs Agusa

The Laser’s Edge has signed Malmo, Sweden-based psychedelic/prog outfit, AGUSA, for the release of the eclectic outfit’s impending sophomore album this Summer.

With almost forty minutes of new material, AGUSA delivers a wide array of seamlessly-executed, organic rock on the aptly titled Agusa 2. The band’s tranquil output blends tripped-out psychedelic and progressive rock structures are inspired by more folk than occult influences, instilling visions of nature, the cosmos, and dreamlike passages, meandering into realms of a possibly supernatural or parallel existence. While not a fully instrumental recording, backing vocal mantras only seep in through purposeful cracks in the construction of these immense movements, adding an even more spacious feeling to the overall flow of the album.

US progressive label, The Laser’s Edge, will release Agusa 2 on CD and digital platforms on July 21st, while AGUSA will issue the album on vinyl through their own Kommun2 label. Stand by for additional info on the album to be released in the coming days.

Having just performed at this year’s Roadburn Festival, invited by curators, Enslaved, followed immediately by a set at Copenhagen Psych Fest, AGUSA will continue taking their enigmatic live set to fans across Europe with additional performances in the coming months.

AGUSA was formed in the springtime of 2013, when Tobias Petterson and Mikael Ödesjö, former members of Kama Loka, recruited Dag Strömqvist and Jonas Berge for their early ‘70s progressive rock project. In the Summer, the outfit ventured out to the countryside where Dag lived, to a place called Agusa — virtually only a loose gathering of homes deep in the forest. Within these secluded surroundings, and the most amazingly sunny, warm Summer day, the new collective had an extensive, extremely inspired jam session which somewhat solidified the direction of their sound, so of course, the name AGUSA was simply perfect for the outfit.

In the Autumn of 2014, the band went into the studio to record their first album, Högtid, which was released on vinyl and digital media in early 2014. After a handful of gigs during the Winter, Dag decided to leave AGUSA to travel around India, and following a number of auditions, Tim Wallander, also a member of blues trio Magic Jove, joined the band. In the beginning of 2015, the refreshed lineup went into Studio Möllan once again to record their sophomore full-length, this time having asked a close friend of theirs, Jenny Puertas, to play flute on the recording. The match was so perfect that the band instantly invited her into the band on a full-time basis, expanding their lineup once again. They began performing with this new arrangement weeks later, and have not looked back.

AGUSA:
    Tobias Petterson – bass
    Mikael Ödesjö – guitar
    Tim Wallander – drums
    Jonas Berge – organ
    Jenny Puertas – flute

Great signing Ken! Loved the first album.

Outstanding news Ken!

This is an autobuy for me.

Congrats Ken. Killer band!
    Daily jazz vinyl reviews on Instagram @jazzandcoffee

interesting date on that video...space AND time travel

And a new album is set to be released:
    http://theobelisk.net/obelisk/2017/0...emom-premiere/
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Wow, that sample track available, if you click on the link above, is terrifyingly good!!! Auto-buy!

This band has been on auto-buy for me since the release of their debut.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

We are taking preorders for the digital download (and CD) on our Bandcamp page. Vinyl still to be set up.

https://lasersedge.bandcamp.com

Reviews of their first two albums can be found on DPRP

http://www.dprp.net/reviews/201584.php#agusa

http://www.dprp.net/reviews/2017-015.php#agusa

The sample track from the bands forthcoming release sounds really good

Quote Originally Posted by LASERCD View Post
    We are taking preorders for the digital download (and CD) on our Bandcamp page. Vinyl still to be set up.

please don't do the "we're not pressing any CDs anymore" thing
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    please don't do the "we're not pressing any CDs anymore" thing
    As I said we are taking preorders for the CD. I’m waiting for your order.

The sample track is nice.

I'd also say the live album, Katarsis, is a must for anyone who digs the band.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar

It doesn't look like it's taking preorders for the CD yet on Bandcamp.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It doesn't look like it's taking preorders for the CD yet on Bandcamp.
    Shit. You are right. Thought I set it up yesterday. Will get it up there this morning.

Shit. You are right. Thought I set it up yesterday. Will get it up there this morning.
    Thanks!

Listening to that track now - I thought this band was more of a space thing, but it sounds much more like Swedish folk/sympho, and good! About 6 minutes in there are bits that sound like the Game of Thrones theme, I wonder if it's accidental or not.

Fixed.

Fixed.
    Love the track and I've got everything in CD from the band so far, so this is a no-brainer. It'll be nice to have album of normal length from the band, though

Done....

But the shipping is almost more expensive than the CD
    Last edited by Trane; 09-30-2017 at 08:40 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

You might need to reload the page, restart your browser, etc., it's there now.

Putting my order in now. I decided to pick up the new White Willow album, too. Never heard a note of these guys, so I'm hoping for a pleasant surprise.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Love the track and I've got everything in CD from the band so far, so this is a no-brainer. It'll be nice to have album of normal length from the band, though

Done....

But the shipping is almost more expensive than the CD
    Real question: How much do you think it costs us to mail 1CD from the US to Europe? Best guess please...

From the UK, it's around 3.00

But, for that kind of price (13USD), Greg (Syn-Phonic) sends a armoured box with anywhere from 8 to 12 CDs (minus the jewel cases, whenever possible - inside joke) through US Postal.

from the US to Europe
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

But, for that kind of price (13USD), Greg (Syn-Phonic) sends a armoured box with anywhere from 8 to 12 CDs (minus the jewel cases, whenever possible - inside joke) through US Postal.
    Good for Greg. He probably has a lot of time on his hands.

It costs us $13 to ship one CD in a small specialized CD mailer to Europe, Japan, South America, Australia. Its not downloading that's killing the CD business. Its the cost of mailing the damn things out of the country.