Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy The Kickstarter

For those who haven't pledged yet: Frank has added a new pledge. You can also pledge for the "Executive Producer Award", which includes the LP-version of Oblivion Sun's latest album.

Bump

Pedal%u00252BGiant%2BAnimals.jpg

(you can get that t-shirt too...)

The album is already mentioned on the site New Prog Releases

The Pedal Giant Animals-site has a new look too, based on this project: http://pedalgiantanimals.org/

(No, I'm not part of this campaing, just want it to happen )

This is exciting news!!! I guess I should get off my lazy ass and back the damned thing.
    The Prog Corner

Just found out about this. Of course I'm in.

I have been keeping up with Frank and company for a long time.
    I guess I will be keeping up with this project too.
    One more nudge to the goal kicked in.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

In one of the videos on his craftyhands-site Frank tells he's going to upgrade his computer-soft ware for the music of his project, especially for some new symphonic "tools".

Backed with pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Can I get a "woot"?
    MF'n W0O0O0O0O0O0O0TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    flute juice

Do fish swim?
    Does a Giant Animal need to be Pedaled?
    Did I back the project?

The answer to all three is YES!

Thanks so much, Frank. The thought of new music from all of you thrills me and makes my not-so-hot day a BEAUTIFUL DAY!

A word or two about the artwork for those of you who are interested. Around the time that the first Pedal Giant Animals project was underway, Frank and I communicated about me creating some artwork for some of his music. He really wanted an illustration done of the title track from PGA, so that's what you're seeing there on the PGA Kickstarter page and which is being included as a print in some of the higher Kickstarter packages. It wasn't used on the first PGA CD because they already had artwork for that and because our collaboration came after the fact. Fast forward 7 or so years- Now that there will be a PGA2, the mechanical lion is going to be on the cover, but there will be some new lettering as well as some new internal imagery.

Having said all that, while clearly I benefit in other ways from the project being funded, quite honestly I really want it to happen because I want the music and am very excited about the lineup of musicians that are going to be a part of it!
    ProgEars and other prog posters & prints: http://www.michaelphipps.net
    .*AWAKEN*. gentle
    MASS -touch-

Is it December yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ProgArtist View Post
    A word or two about the artwork for those of you who are interested. Around the time that the first Pedal Giant Animals project was underway, Frank and I communicated about me creating some artwork for some of his music. He really wanted an illustration done of the title track from PGA, so that's what you're seeing there on the PGA Kickstarter page and which is being included as a print in some of the higher Kickstarter packages. It wasn't used on the first PGA CD because they already had artwork for that and because our collaboration came after the fact. Fast forward 7 or so years- Now that there will be a PGA2, the mechanical lion is going to be on the cover, but there will be some new lettering as well as some new internal imagery.

Having said all that, while clearly I benefit in other ways from the project being funded, quite honestly I really want it to happen because I want the music and am very excited about the lineup of musicians that are going to be a part of it!
    Thanks for this information, Michael.

I always wondered about the cover of first PGA. From the beginning this project had the name Pedal Giant Animals, so I assumed that would be the name of the band. The cover however suggests that Stan and Frank are the musicians and Pedal Giant Animals is the title of their CD. Now comes PGA2, which suggests it's a bandname after all.

Banned
    Will go give it kick start.

Oh, and I want to say that it is SO GOOD to see that Rick will be playing bass!!!

Half way there it seems. Tell your friends! Lets make this happen.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Banned
    Pledge happily completed.

I just pledged. I admit I'm surprised they still have that far to go! The amount they are asking for is very reasonable and several lesser known bands have achieved higher amounts. Well good luck to 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Thanks for this information, Michael.

I always wondered about the cover of first PGA. From the beginning this project had the name Pedal Giant Animals, so I assumed that would be the name of the band. The cover however suggests that Stan and Frank are the musicians and Pedal Giant Animals is the title of their CD. Now comes PGA2, which suggests it's a bandname after all.
    Yes, a band name or a project name. The first PGA seemed like a way for Stan and Frank to explore multiple genres without the expectations that having the name Happy the Man would entail, whereas this second one seems like a way to have a Happy the Man mega-reunion of sorts, but with additional musicians from the first PGA and from Oblivion Sun as well, which is why I believe it's being called PGA instead of HtM. The album name of this new one will be Zeitgeist.
    .*AWAKEN*. gentle
    MASS -touch-

Yes, a band name or a project name. The first PGA seemed like a way for Stan and Frank to explore multiple genres without the expectations that having the name Happy the Man would entail, whereas this second one seems like a way to have a Happy the Man mega-reunion of sorts, but with additional musicians from the first PGA and from Oblivion Sun as well, which is why I believe it's being called PGA instead of HtM. The album name of this new one will be Zeitgeist.
    But where do I put the first one in my collection (which is alphabetically ordered)?

I guess I will switch it from "W" (Whitaker) to "P" (Pedal) when "Zeitgeist" will be added.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    For those who haven't pledged yet: Frank has added a new pledge. You can also pledge for the "Executive Producer Award", which includes the LP-version of Oblivion Sun's latest album.
    If you have any whishes for additional pledges, you can always ask Frank to consider them. Of course a 5.1 mix from "Crafty Hands" will be out of the question, but who knows what the possibilities are? Ideas are always welcome to reach the goal. And you can always change your pledge.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    I just pledged. I admit I'm surprised they still have that far to go! The amount they are asking for is very reasonable and several lesser known bands have achieved higher amounts. Well good luck to 'em!
    I agree. Getting the word out is always hard as I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who are currently unaware of this but would flip to find out that Frank and Stan will be working with Kit Watkins, Mike Beck, Ron Riddle, etc. again. It looks like in the past day that there has been a good jump, including two more very generous backers at the top level. It looks like it's going to happen, but it wouldn't hurt for everyone to let their friends know. Here's the link again: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...gressive-music
    .*AWAKEN*. gentle
    MASS -touch-

I agree. Getting the word out is always hard as I'm sure there are a lot of people out there who are currently unaware of this but would flip to find out that Frank and Stan will be working with Kit Watkins, Mike Beck, Ron Riddle, etc. again. It looks like in the past day that there has been a good jump, including two more very generous backers at the top level. It looks like it's going to happen, but it wouldn't hurt for everyone to let their friends know. Here's the link again: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...gressive-music
    For a lot of people forums are old-fashioned, so I guess people should bring the news on all facebooks and twitters they're on. I used some also old-fashioned emails to spread the news. Maybe it would have been greater news if Ken Scott was involved; imagine, all Bowie fans would be in

..and on YesFans and TalkBass too.