Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: Happy The Kickstarter

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Yes, the initial Kickstarter-project started as a new PGA-album (although in Frank's mind it was also a Happy The Man-reunion). But it slowly evolved into Frank's solo-project.

My first post on the Happy The Fan-forum about this was on April 25, 2015: http://htfo.proboards.com/thread/653...-giant-animals
    Later I changed the forum-chapter: http://htfo.proboards.com/thread/663...tgeist-project
    Yeah when I saw the art work didn't line up with the poster they mailed me some time ago I was confused..

After two listens I’m very impressed with Zeitgeist. It was well worth the wait.

Very glad to have this, and that Frank was able to see this project through to completion. He should be proud.

I hope he's doing okay.

The production appears to be meticulous, not just good enough.
    Very nice and well worth the wait.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Unknown

Big thanks to Bill Brasso who pushed this through to completion, its was on the brink of failure and he stepped up big time. thx Billy!!
    Great drummer too!

I'm a few listens in, (not sure it has all come together for me yet), but I am really enjoying it. A lot of instrumental moments which I really enjoy, but will be spending a lot of time with this one in the coming weeks.

Yeah that email was auto generated with the "free" in it. I suppose I should have edited that out!

Quote Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
    Yeah when I saw the art work didn't line up with the poster they mailed me some time ago I was confused..
    It was originally going to be a Pedal Giant Animals project, but turned into a Frank and Friends as I invited more and more musicians to play. This new art for it is way cool I think...I'm talking with Michael about a poster of the cover now. Besides, we all need some confusion to keep things interesting...no?

Quote Originally Posted by Proghound View Post
    Big thanks to Bill Brasso who pushed this through to completion, its was on the brink of failure and he stepped up big time. thx Billy!!
    Great drummer too!
    I'm not sure it was on the brink of failure at any point, but it was going to take a lot longer without Bill's help. He is a Godsend!

Member Emeritus (A.M.P.) rcarlberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canefire View Post
    Besides, we all need some confusion to keep things interesting...no?
    Most definitely. There's a saying that says something like "The artist is attracted to what he does not understand."

Thanks for all the hard work on Zeitgeist. It shows!

The cover above can also be viewed on Franks new FB-site https://www.facebook.com/FrankWyattMusic/
    He announced the new brand on his bandzoogle-page:

Perfecting the brand...
    In an effort to further consolidate the multiple locations and names I have used I have renamed the FB page Frank Wyatt Music instead of Crafty Hands Studio. The studio is a part of the greater musical endeavor after all, so it makes more sense to me.

In other news, the official press release for Zeitgeist has been issued! Let's hope the word gets out and the Zeitgeist is listened to everywhere.
    And I guess glassonyon will soon post this one: https://glassonyonpr.com/2019/11/06/...5CGGU4T8mQ397M

I'm not sure it was on the brink of failure at any point, but it was going to take a lot longer without Bill's help. He is a Godsend!
    sorry poor choice of words. congrats on its completion, really been loving it.

I got my CD today.
    Beautiful.
    Thank You Frank and friends !
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by markwoll View Post
    I got my CD today.
    Beautiful.
    Thank You Frank and friends !
    Thanks for the note. Now the waiting for the end of the transatlantic shipping has begun.

Yep. Just got mine too! A mere 4.5 years after pledging and I'm sure it will have been worth the wait. Happy that I could be a part of the campaign.

It was originally going to be a Pedal Giant Animals project, but turned into a Frank and Friends as I invited more and more musicians to play. This new art for it is way cool I think...I'm talking with Michael about a poster of the cover now. Besides, we all need some confusion to keep things interesting...no?
    Thank you for this wonderful album, Frank! It was absolutely worth waiting for (my CD arrived last night but I have been listening to the downloads that we subscribers had access to--thank you for that). I have listened multiple times to all the tracks but will take many more before I feel like I understand all the great twists and turns. I concentrated first on the two tracks that have the wonderful Rick Kennell playing bass. They just happen to be the two most intense pieces, theme-wise. Here are just a few thoughts about "Eleventh Hour."

The lyrics are so personal and honest. I feel as if you are addressing the fans and that is a privilege. For those who haven't read the booklet, Frank describes how in the past he wrote the music for a beloved cat that died and then as he faced his disease, he wrote the lyrics that describe his health challenges. It starts with a piano figure and synth trill and almost right away the drums (Chris Mack) come in with a lovely pattern; it feels syncopated and trips along very nicely. At the same time Rick’s bass accents the melody and the rhythm very nicely. The anchoring of drums and bass allow Frank the freedom to keep the evolving piano line to move quickly. The melody is quite complex with harmonic twists and turns. Cliff Fortney’s vocals pop up right away and mirror that melodic movement. It is a very adventurous vocal melody with some very interesting harmonies/backing vocals. The lyrics are very poignant. Frank is very honestly confronting the unknown that he is facing. The last section of lyrics are wonderfully positive. They describe a man truly thankful for the good things in life.

On the first few listens the melody and lyrics almost feel a bit too complex. But after the third listen it reveals itself to be a little gem. The short length does not limit the gorgeous melody and the vocals. The diversions and modulations that seemed a bit much on the first few passes then are revealed to be lovely little facets that complement the gem of a song. It is small but the sparkle is intense. As with a lovely gemstone, the more one looks the more beauty one finds. The ritard about 2/3 through is extremely effective…I just love the way the piece features these twists.

Throughout, Rick’s bass manages to stay out of the way of the lower piano notes and punctuate both the melody and the drum track. As a good bass line should, he shines on several levels…he perfectly tracks the adventurous harmonically movement without getting in the way or being too sparse. The bass line feels essential to the cohesiveness of the piece. My hunch is that it was a challenge to craft.

All too soon the track ends. The remaining vibe, post-listen, is one of a sense of melancholy, unresolved questioning yet the wistful and thankful components continue to gleam in one’s aural memory. The track feels balanced and perfect. The at-peace sentiments and the sparkle of this gem keeps demanding that I hit “Play” once again so I can see all those exquisite facets reflect the light once more.

It is a very personal, very special track. It is very “Frank.” It has so many of the Wyatt/HtM twists and turns, harmonies, and rhythms.

I always like to look at the structures you choose. I know that nothing you do compositionally is random...everything has its purpose and meaning. I see some of them and often wonder about the symbolism and reasoning behind the others. It is fun to think about.

The best Frank tracks—in my opinion—are the ones that creep into one’s brain because of this amazing blend of complexity, emotion, rhythm, and especially, unique vocals. (Several of the tracks on Pedal Giant Animals are this way. I sometimes have to pull myself away from them because they are so insidious--they sound so good they take root in my mind in a completely good way. This is one of those tracks.)

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Yep. Just got mine too! A mere 4.5 years after pledging and I'm sure it will have been worth the wait. Happy that I could be a part of the campaign.
    My CD arrived today as well.. signed! Truly a "happy" man today..

Mine came a couple days ago, but I haven't had a chance to give it a listen. Really wanted to set aside some time to just focus on the music and take it all in. The cover is one of the best I've ever seen!

Listened to it twice via headphones. Bass performance on title track is phenomenal and noted because it’s adds to the overall excellence. Kit Watkins plays on the title track, contributing Keyboards and Cool Sounds. I enjoyed the cinematic and symphonic Prelandra, a Frank Wyatt creation. It will be interesting to hear how people appreciate the track. Overall worthy of album of the year:

http://www.newears.org/?fbclid=IwAR0...y-aAbVRFvX7iOs
    “[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.”

The cd arrived! Funny to observe from the pictures how long this projects has been in production, since I wear classes for about three years now...

Yes, that bass performance on the title track is wonderful. Somehow it made me think of Rutherford on All In A Mouse's Night.

Perelandra is a whole different story: Frank's first symphony so to speak. I love it, although I guess I'll listen to it more often seperated from the rest.

Some of the orchestral parts from Perelandra (especially Blessed Be He) reminds me of parts of HTM's Morning Sun (from Crafty Hands) which always made me think of the Odenin Line-theme by Katchaturian):

Here's a new email-update from Frank. I'd say: go for Burning Shed for a European distribution!

A month of Zeitgeist

Okay, it's been over a month I know, but not much! I am truly overwhelmed with the wonderful response the project is receiving. It is a testament to the fantastic musicians who worked so hard to create the music. I will never be able to properly thank them, and all the supporters and new fans that are discovering the Zeitgeist project. We are now starting to see some reviews come in, and I have been doing some radio interviews. There is a new page on the website, Zeitgeist Pres/Reviews if anyone wants to follow our progress in the media. Sales have been starting to roll in as well, and I have noticed that it is very expensive to ship to locations outside the US, so I am looking for retailers who might want to sell the cd in other countries. Any suggestions will be welcomed in this regard as I attempt to expand availability. Finally, the physical cd has been made "unavailable" on FrankWyattMusic.com until the tenth of December, 2019 as the web store is sorting some kind of bug in their shipping software. Digital downloads are still working fine, and I apologize for anyone wanting to order this weekend...this one is out of my hands!

Thanks again for everything!

Frank