Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 264

Thread: Happy The Kickstarter

  1. #201
    Member BobM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    363
    Agreed, good to see that Kit is playing on this release
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

  2. #202
    Some news on the Frank Wyatt Music Site: https://frankwyattmusic.com/home/blo...enus-are-mixed

    "The Approach" and "To Venus" are mixed.
    Two more tracks for the Zeitgeist project are "in the can" as Bill Brasso, Frank and Bob Richardson tweaked the final mixes Monday at After 7 Studios near Harrisburg, PA. The Approach musicians are Andrew Colyer, Joe Bergamini, Pete Princiotto and David Hughes playing with Frank. To Venus is the first movement of the symphonic composition Perelandra, and is entirely built from sample libraries performed by Frank. The project creeps ever onward toward completion! These tracks, along with the others completed, are available for streaming to the Backstage members


    To Venus is kind of modern classical; very adventurous

    The Approach (with lovely LOW synths) is in the Happy The Man/Oblivion Sun-vein. Wonderful track.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Some news on the Frank Wyatt Music Site: https://frankwyattmusic.com/home/blo...enus-are-mixed

    "The Approach" and "To Venus" are mixed.
    Two more tracks for the Zeitgeist project are "in the can" as Bill Brasso, Frank and Bob Richardson tweaked the final mixes Monday at After 7 Studios near Harrisburg, PA. The Approach musicians are Andrew Colyer, Joe Bergamini, Pete Princiotto and David Hughes playing with Frank. To Venus is the first movement of the symphonic composition Perelandra, and is entirely built from sample libraries performed by Frank. The project creeps ever onward toward completion! These tracks, along with the others completed, are available for streaming to the Backstage members


    To Venus is kind of modern classical; very adventurous

    The Approach (with lovely LOW synths) is in the Happy The Man/Oblivion Sun-vein. Wonderful track.
    Just listening to the title track Zeitgeist after receiving the email today.. the middle section of this is kind of a mess to my ears.. lovely beginning and just finishing the track and agree it has some nice HTM overtones without being a total lift from previous material..

  4. #204
    Member Firth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    2,411
    From Lee Anne, Stan’s partner:
    Greeting you friends and fans both old and new. Some of you are aware of "our" Stanley's musical journey. For those that enjoy to hear him "soar and quirk out" on his electric guitars, you'll delight to be updated on a project that has been in the works for a few years. Frank Wyatt, one of his bandmates from; Happy The Man has composed music for his project called; Zeitgeist. When released, we can find Stanley on two tracks of this project. I get the treat of listening to him labor up the stairs. He is polishing and comping his guitars in our petite studio (Meeting of the Minds) for Frank's song titled; Twelve Steps. Interestingly enough, there are precisely twelve steps between us. More tea coming up, hang in there Stanley. With love, care and cheer. LeeAnne in the Library Cafe.
    “[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.”

  5. #205
    Member Boceephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    148
    I was just wondering when we’d get an update!

    Btw, Stan’s “Under the Prog Tree” acoustic covers CD is my “unexpected delight” of this years music purchases!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    From Lee Anne, Stan’s partner:
    Greeting you friends and fans both old and new. Some of you are aware of "our" Stanley's musical journey. For those that enjoy to hear him "soar and quirk out" on his electric guitars, you'll delight to be updated on a project that has been in the works for a few years. Frank Wyatt, one of his bandmates from; Happy The Man has composed music for his project called; Zeitgeist. When released, we can find Stanley on two tracks of this project. I get the treat of listening to him labor up the stairs. He is polishing and comping his guitars in our petite studio (Meeting of the Minds) for Frank's song titled; Twelve Steps. Interestingly enough, there are precisely twelve steps between us. More tea coming up, hang in there Stanley. With love, care and cheer. LeeAnne in the Library Cafe.
    Thanks for sharing. Nice to hear some news from a different direction.

  7. #207
    Member BobM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    363
    Good to hear things are still moving in a forward direction, but is there any anticipated completion date?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

  8. #208
    Member Firth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    2,411
    Yeh sure is and my copy came directly from him after he performed a set in Falls Church😎
    “[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.”

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Good to hear things are still moving in a forward direction, but is there any anticipated completion date?
    Considering his condition, I wouldn't expect one. Unless he's mentioned it if you've subscribed to Backstage Access to his studio.

  10. #210
    I was on the phone with Frank a week or so ago. He's hard at work on the project. I didn't ask how much longer it will be as we were discussing waaaay more important stuff.
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcox660 View Post
    I was on the phone with Frank a week or so ago. He's hard at work on the project. I didn't ask how much longer it will be as we were discussing waaaay more important stuff.
    How did Frank seem? Did he discuss his health at all? I’m all for hearing new music, but at this point I’m more concerned that he gets well.

  12. #212
    Member Koreabruce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Chuncheon, South Korea
    Posts
    726
    I think Frank's health is what wilcox660 is alluding to in that bit you quoted.

  13. #213
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    I think Frank's health is what wilcox660 is alluding to in that bit you quoted.
    I suspected so, but was just hoping he might elaborate.

  14. #214
    Looks like it's now scheduled for February 2019.

  15. #215
    For the real fans it might be interesting to buy some original gear from Frank: https://frankwyattmusic.com/gear-sale

  16. #216
    Member Firth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    2,411
    Quote Originally Posted by yodathedog View Post
    Looks like it's now scheduled for February 2019.
    Feb is almost gone, any news?
    “[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.”

  17. #217
    Member Firth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Severn, MD
    Posts
    2,411
    Probably posted here before, but don’t feel like searching: Zeitgeist the Track

    https://frankwyattmusic.com/the-zeitgeist-project


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    “[They] agreed that it was neither possible nor necessary to educate people who never questioned anything.”

  18. #218

  19. #219
    Member Paulrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Probably posted here before, but don’t feel like searching: Zeitgeist the Track

    https://frankwyattmusic.com/the-zeitgeist-project
    How cool is it that in 2019 we're getting what is essentially new Happy the Man music. I know we'll probably never see them play live again, but the fact that Frank, Stan and Kit are working together again -- especially considering their collective health challenges -- is just awesome.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

  20. #220
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Marietta GA
    Posts
    141
    It just so happens I’m listening to the first album today on my drive home....Have had the vinyl since it was released in 1978, but never had the CD till now....got the Esoteric remaster....can’t wait to hear it!!
    So much music....so little time....

  21. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by flatliner View Post
    It just so happens I’m listening to the first album today on my drive home....Have had the vinyl since it was released in 1978, but never had the CD till now....got the Esoteric remaster....can’t wait to hear it!!
    Crafty Hands is from '78, the debut is from '77.
    Enjoy! I think the Esoteric remaster sounds fine; the LP was quite long, so it didn't sound as good as the shorter Crafty Hands.

  22. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by yodathedog View Post
    Looks like it's now scheduled for February 2019.
    https://frankwyattzeitgeist.bandzoog...eitgeist-music mentions July 14, 2019 now.

  23. #223
    Member Paulrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Left Coast
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    What awesome timing. My birthday.
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

  24. #224
    Outraged bystander markwoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,881
    Yay!!
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Unknown

  25. #225
    Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frownland
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    Nice! I've nearly forgotten about it several times, but will be nice to finally have.
    No humor please, we're skittish.

    Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •