Thread: Shylock - free concert on the French Riviera !

Shylock - free concert on the French Riviera !

Shylock
    return, 34 years later!
    free concert at the
    médiathèque de mouans-sartoux
    Thursday, January 31st 2013, 8pm

Formed in July 1974 and dissolved in October 1979, Shylock was a Nice-based progressive rock group. Consisting of founding members Frédéric L'Épée on guitars, Didier Lustig on keyboards and André Fisichella on drums plus Laurent James on bass, Shylock was one of the rare French prog bands to sign with a major label, CBS. Two albums were released, Gialorgues in 1976 and Ile de Fièvre in 1978. They are an essential part of the legacy of 1970s world progressive rock.
    Shylock enjoyed some success before splitting up, and its members have continued in music until, 34 years later, deciding to reactivate their illustrious alliance. Over the past months they have performed both in France and abroad, and have plans for further concerts in countries like Japan and Sweden.
    This special performance by Shylock in Mouans-Sartoux is a production by the local public multimedia library.
    Tickets are FREE while supplies last !
    Médiathèque de Mouans-Sartoux
    201 avenue de Cannes 06370 Mouans-Sartoux
    Phone: +33 4 92 92 43 75
    E-mail contact: philippe.gamba@mouans-sartoux.net
    http://www.mouans-sartoux.net

Mouans-Sartoux is located on the French Riviera, between Cannes and Grasse. The nearest airport is the Nice International Airport, 20 miles away, with 30 flights from and to Paris daily, as well as flights to/from 39 other French cities and 59 European cities. Train is also a possibility - TGV, Intercités or Téoz to Cannes, then TER to Mouans-Sartoux. By car, take the A8 ("Provençale") motorway, exit 42 (Cannes/Grasse) then freeway to Grasse, exit Mouans-Sartoux. There is a Ibis hotel just near the train station, for people with vehicles other possibilities are the Ibis budget (0.7 miles) or the Louisiane or the Albatros (2 miles).

http://www.mouans-sartoux.com/situation.htm

please play BAJA!!!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Had my GF's parents still have their house in Carros (15km on the NE of Grasse), I might have taken some smlall holidays aznd seen this...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

does Shylock have a webpage?
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Yes, it's http://shylock.eu/ .
    Also on their facebook page they recently put pictures of rehearsals.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Cool!!

Sweet. Was looking forward to seeing them at Farfest. I'm glad they're still doing some things.