Thread: Hasse Froberg's new album, HFMC

Hasse Froberg's new album, HFMC

I'm really digging Froberg's new album. I like it more than the last 3 or 4 Flower Kings albums. A very cohesive work and great interplay between the band members. A very nice balance of prog rock and more straight ahead rock.

What do you all think?

Banned
    1 of the best prog alblums this year,My fave track off the disc is Genius..
    Literally I played that 1 song,In loop for 5 hours one day.Something that is not common from me.
    Steve Hacketts Wolflight,new Anekdoten,Izz,The Tangent new disc are my top picks this year..
    Hackett and Anekdoten been doing space battles,for top prog alblum of 2015.

2015 is the best year in music for me,since 2006 late 05.With new ips and bands,
    Not doing cds 5 plus years that are laying down the nostalgia!
    2015 is year of Wow Factor,we are not even in May I cant pick alblum of year..
    Because the cds are that darn good..

Quote Originally Posted by the winter tree View Post
    I'm really digging Froberg's new album. I like it more than the last 3 or 4 Flower Kings albums. A very cohesive work and great interplay between the band members. A very nice balance of prog rock and more straight ahead rock.

What do you all think?
    Musically it is not really my cuppa but it is good to notice that the buget was not spend on useless things like 'artwork'.

yes i love it.one among many great releases so far this year.

Just received this and John Mitchell's "Lonely Robot" Both in heavy rotation. If there are any John Mitchell fans out there, his solo
    effort is absolutely amazing!

I'm a huge fan of Hasse's Musical Companion's first debut album "Future Past". Amazing epics on that one, and the shorter songs are fantastic too, even some with a bit of pop to them. Not a dud on that album, it's truly a prog masterpiece and certainly is preferred to many Flower Kings album for me. The second album "Powerplay" I thought was a notch down. Most of the pieces were still in place, but the songwriting wasn't as golden as on the debut release. The beautiful "Waves" is my favorite from that album.

This third album certainly does not rise back to the grandeur of the first album, but I haven't given it enough listens to know if I prefer it to Powerplay. But I was hoping it would blow me away upon first listen, so I'm disappointed that it doesn't. The shorter songs seem to be the winners on this one. "Pages" has a theme from Yes' "Homeworld", which annoys me because I much prefer the Yes tune. I'll give the album some more time, but I must say that after a while Hasse's hoarse voice kind of grates when he reaches for the higher notes, and so I'll probably stick with enjoying their debut album most of the time.

I saw this band play live at Rosfest several years ago and the band is truly killer.

Love it. I think it's his best yet. Album Of The Year contender? Not with Steven Wilson and The Tangent dropping stone-cold masterpieces.
    The Prog Corner

Old man of prog
    I think this is way better than the previous 2. The keyboardist and the guitarist are ridiculous players! What the Hell is in the water in Sweden??

Jeeesh