Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Martin Barre US Tour '15

Quote Originally Posted by Toka View Post
    Same here! Glad to see that is has sold out already too. Will be a great night!
    Binghamton/Endicott still has tickets for Friday night! I am very excited about this show.

Great show tonight in Sellersville.

One of the many highlights was a cover of Gov't Mule's Thorazine Shuffle!

Space Cadet
    Indeed...was quite surprised by that as well as the Porcupine Tree cover. I could have done without any other covers, given how many great Tull songs there are to choose from. On those I liked the different arrangements/approaches for some of them, though A New Day Yesterday really needs that thick tone to work, as otherwise it is a rather routine blues number when played clean. "Too clean" would also apply to the vocals. But honestly it was a great show, as Barre played wonderfully. Still incredibly fluid and precise. I had no idea he was such a jokester either. Hope the sound guy didn't get too much of a scolding for turning on the CD player during Eleanor Rigby.

I'll be at the Hamden gig! Should be fun!
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Friday night's show at the "Double Dublin Celtic Pub" in Endicott NY was probably my show of the year, and I've seen some damn good ones over the last 12 months (e.g., UK, Kansas).

The venue was a dump of a roadhouse in the middle of nowhere, pure shit-kicker paradise. About 150 well-lubricated patrons. The only thing missing was chicken wire in front of the stage. In other words, it was the perfect venue for a bona fide rock show. No video screens, no fancy lightshow, no choreographed production, no bullshit. Just four guys with guitars and drums and two Marshall amps, all playing blues-drenched hard rock like their lives depended on it for two solid hours.

Martin's best line: we're just a cover band and we admit it. But someday... we'll be big. I think he's right

Really great show in Rochester tonight - it was fabulous to hear the music played with such energy and passion.

If you're a Tull fan I highly recommend it.