Thread: New Genesis!

As much as I love my Hyundai i30, the Genesis is just another German designed, Euro-built saloon, and looks very similar to Audi, Mercedes, Aston Martin, Ford, VW....but hang on is Hyundai the secret 60% owner of Aston Martin now? They are using the AM shaped badge on the nose!

Most of the personality disappeared from car design at the major companies in the 80s when the first series of euroblob boxes appeared, e.g. Ford Sierra, Opel Omega, Audi 100, VW Passat.

Chasing 10ths of litres with windtunnel design for economy isn't the way to design a car.

And for the price they're asking for the Genesis I'd buy something small, fast, uncomfortable yet dangerous from the 60s!

No Hyundai is worth that price!

Izitda sympho-Genathith ov da pop-Genathith ov pavhafz zum oda-Genathith?
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    just another German designed, Euro-built saloon,
    I'm trying to picture this. ..Swinging doors?..A mädchen in a low cut dress with a half dozen overflowing beer steins in each hand, in the back seat?

Gah, that wasn't a new Sega Genesis. Damn you.

Seriously, I agree, though… who pays £48K ($72K) for a damn Hyundai??
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Are they redoing the coupe as well?

I'm partial to Hyundai, I've owed two Tiburons, (re-badged one to a Tuscani), my boy drives a Turbo Veloster

When I was buying my last car for myself, the Genesis couple wasn't out yet and I didn't want to wait, so I wound up with the G37 coupe

There is a Black initial year Genesis coupe in my community and I have to say the G was a lot higher end appearance wise, (was of course more expensive as well), but I'm sure Hyundai has continued to improve the design, as they did with the Tiburon

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

This reminds me of when someone did an RIP Steve Howe and it was about the baseball player named Steve Howe who died in a car accident.