Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Discovering Prog Fans at Work

This just happened last night at work. I happened to have Iron Maiden’s “Book Of Souls” album sitting on my desk. This girl that works for me (not sure her exact age, but I would guess late 20’s / early 30’s) came into my office for something. Her eyes lit up and she says “you like Iron Maiden”? We then proceeded to talk about music for the next 15 minutes. She is pretty well versed in Maiden and some of the other bands on the heavier side of the prog spectrum. I had no clue she was into any kind of music at all, and she had no clue an old codger like me could actually be into something she dug. So there ya go…….you just never know……..

Nobody here likes or cares about prog.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I found out this week that a coworker is FB friends with Bill Berends! I need to find out why the hell he knows about Bill Berends next time we're both in the office.

Meanwhile, my son has a friend who's way into prog, and he knows I am, so he asked my son if I like Camel! I told my son to tell him I'd seen Camel, and I know two people who've played keyboards for Camel. Hey, you have to wildly impress whoever you can... "The circle of Prog..."
    Last edited by JKL2000; 05-26-2016 at 08:06 PM.

No prog. The warehouse guy who rules the noise level there plays a lot of 80s music, J-Pop, and Johnny Cash. Many times the mix is great. Other than that, I work with musical idiots.

^^tell me about it. Yesterday I was in a meeting with 2 big Journey(Steve Perry)fans. AAAArrrggghhhh!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Yesterday in a meeting that didn't start on time we drifted into a discussion of the merits of 80's Hair Metal. I may not have been too polite.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.