Thread: Man or Astro-man?

Man or Astro-man?

Does ANYbody else here like this strange and wonderful music outfit? I'm 'on a kick' in a major way.

Yes, I dig the hell out of them, one dynamo of a modern surf band. Highly recommend to see them in concert to get the full experience, they are a trip live too.

I like their earliest stuff. Then it got kind of samey, though I imagine that a show would be a lot of fun.

I've been looking for live bootlegs. apparently they are very rare. I always wanted to like them before but they just didn't hit the stop. This time I'm totally receptive. afaik for seeing them live I'll have to rely on YT.

I saw them in Boston last September. They put on a heck of a show. At the end, they swing two theremins around and at each other; the cacophony was deafening. They are quite good musicians nevertheless.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Quote Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
    ... At the end, they swing two theremins around and at each other; the cacophony was deafening. ....
    that sounds fascinating. I mean the idea of it.

I've been checking them out, so which ones are must haves from their discography?
    I live in an ephemeral eternity

^ I couldn't say, really. I have Intravenous Television Continuum, Destroy All Astromen, Experiment Zero, and my copy of Your Weight on the Moon is on the way. So far I really like pretty much all of what I've heard. I bought ITC and EZ from Amazon digital because they fit on 1 CDR. IMO MoAM is just a lot of fun. I'm a real sucker for music that has talk/sound samples from movies, especially cult or b-movies.

Here's somebody's answer to your question: http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=4843

here's an array of MOAM CDs for decent prices: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...an+cd&_sacat=0

I dig them. I recently listened to a few of their CDs I accumulated in the late 90s thru early 00s. I hadn't listened to any of them in a while. It was time to cull a few things and I thought Man or Astro-Man might be something I could part with. I guessed wrong. I'm keeping them.