Thread: New Tomas Bodin

New Tomas Bodin

I just saw that Tomas posted that he has a new album out called "She Belongs to Another Tree". I think Bodin's solo output is very underrated - there's some really great stuff in his catalog.

There some samples and other info at http://tomasbodin.se/news/she-belongs-to-another-tree/ in case y'all are interested!

éí 'aaníígÓÓ 'áhoot'é Don Arnold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by julioscissors View Post
    I just saw that Tomas posted that he has a new album out called "She Belongs to Another Tree".
    Cool - thanks for the heads up!

I think Bodin's solo output is very underrated - there's some really great stuff in his catalog.
    Agreed. I have several of his discs and they are all very good.

I hope that this new one becomes available in cd format. It mentions only the download option on his site, at least what I read on the page your link sent me to.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    The camples sound decent.

It's a fantastic album, as Tomas relied more on the analogue synths this time around. For now its only a download link. Eventually he will bring CDs on the road. The download price is extremely reasonable.

Don
    Don Cassidy
    President, Interviewer, DJ, Artist Promo contact
    Delicious Agony Progressive Rock Radio
    www.deliciousagony.com

I really like Tomas Bodin's solo work (I have them all) but I'm an old school guy thus ... no CD, no buy.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    I have most, if not all, of Tomas' solo output and I'm with Mr. Krautman above. I need a physical medium. About to crack open the double vinyl/Cd edition of Kaipa's latest which I grabbed in Montreal for $30 (CA). That's what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    I really like Tomas Bodin's solo work (I have them all) but I'm an old school guy thus ... no CD, no buy.
    Yes me too!
    No CD no buy!!!
    David Robin
    Filmmaker/Drummer
    www.steelyjam.com
    www.davidrobinfilms.com

Well, I normally only buy CD's, but since Tomas said he plans to get some printed at a later date and will charge those who buy the download only the cost of the physical copy, I went ahead and got it. I haven't listened to it yet, but will very soon.

I like all his solo stuff to varying extents, but my favorites are when he has a full band backing him, particularly "I AM" and "You Are" are my two most favorite of his. This new one is more of a follow up to Cinematograph, so I'm excited to hear it.

I actually enjoy Bodin's solo output more than I do the Flower Kings catalog. I especially love "Three Stories" of his first solo CD.

Quote Originally Posted by infandous View Post
    Well, I normally only buy CD's, but since Tomas said he plans to get some printed at a later date and will charge those who buy the download only the cost of the physical copy, I went ahead and got it.
    I saw that in the video, but he didn't seem to have a clear plan. In the same breath he also mentions having some CDs available at TFK shows...so...if I show up at the TFK show (when is this tour, by the way?) and say I bought the digital download is that the secret code word to get a discount?
    <sig out of order>

I actually enjoy Bodin's solo output more than I do the Flower Kings catalog. I especially love "Three Stories" of his first solo CD.
    His first solo album has some incredible instrumentals that would completely fit in with the FK sound of that time.

I decided to go ahead and get the digital downloads of "She Belongs To Another Tree". I've only heard it once, but I'm liking what I'm hearing.

At the same time I also got the digital download of the Pinup Guru remaster. This is much less compressed and I'm blown away with how good it sounds now. On the CD version the bass (especially super low frequencies) sounds massive and the other instruments sound more distant and there is a lot less sparkle and depth. The remaster is dramatically clearer, is more 3D, and you can hear details like every nuance of Jonas' basslines (killer bass guitar tones!). Zoltan's snare really jumps out and sounds nice and crisp.

Fantastic and well worth the $$!
    <sig out of order>

I like Bodin's solo work especially when he clearly uses bits and pieces that were not used on a Flower Kings album. I often can recognize a snippet here, a theme there.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

I had no idea he had a solo discography, thanks.

If you all haven't heard Barracuda Triangle yet, I highly recommend it. It's an instrumental power trio of Bodin, Jonas R., and the drummer from Flower Kings whose name I don't know. Was released last year and it's fantastic. They'll be playing on Cruise to the Edge, too, and I can't wait!

To my mind a digital download needs to be considerably cheaper. Otherwise I buy physical.
    Check out my concert videos on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/broadaccent

Quote Originally Posted by Smörgåsbord View Post
    To my mind a digital download needs to be considerably cheaper. Otherwise I buy physical.
    Well, hopefully that is somewhat mitigated by the info in post #8.
    <sig out of order>

Tomas has also released a digital download of a 2015 remastered version of his second solo album, Pinup Guru, at his website. It comes with a demo package of early versions of many of the tracks. Pinup Guru has always been one of my favorites of his albums, as its a great trio with Jonas Reingold and Zoltan Czorcz.

Quote Originally Posted by FKYES View Post
    Tomas has also released a digital download of a 2015 remastered version of his second solo album, Pinup Guru, at his website. It comes with a demo package of early versions of many of the tracks. Pinup Guru has always been one of my favorites of his albums, as its a great trio with Jonas Reingold and Zoltan Czorcz.
    Yes - see post #12.
    <sig out of order>