Thread: The War On Drugs (band)?

The War On Drugs (band)?

Anyone here familiar with this band? I have been streaming the live feed from the Coachella music festival tonight at work and have been pretty impressed with what I am hearing from this band. I have seen them mentioned in Classic Rock Magazine before, but never explored them. Any fans here?

The Lost in the Dream album from last year is wonderful. Dylanesque vocals with some occasional dreamy guitar textures and great lyrics.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

They are a Philly band. I have heard them mentioned on local radio and have probably heard something by them at some point. I even saw them on tv I think. I admittedly don't know much about them except that they are fairly well known around here and in indie circles in general.

I got the Slave Ambient album from a few years ago and thought it was really good. I haven't heard the latest one yet, but have it on reserve at the library.

A friend of mine loves this band... Played it for me, raving about them... I liked allright but sounded suspiciously like Dylan/Dire Straits mixed together. I wont be buying I felt no originality at all. Competent musicianship though.
    Still alive and well...