Thread: Tunnels at NEARFest 2003

Tunnels at NEARFest 2003

This is an old video that recently was updated:

Cool, thanks for that. I got to see Tunnels - I think at Schubas in Chicago - but it was just the 3 piece (no violin). Also got to have a beer with Percy that night. Cool guy! Marc Wagnon is unbelievable. I saw a version of Brand X at Martyr's with Percy, Frank Katz, Goodsall, and I THINK Wagnon in place of a keyboardist. Foggy memory on that one...

I'm not sure, but it's possible I saw Marc Wagnon in the early 90's with Doctor Nerve. I remember I talked briefly with Nick Didkovsky after the concert. I told him I just got "Transforms - The Nerve Events Project". He thought I must have been the only one in Europe to have that album at that moment...

A year or two after the NEARfest performance, Tunnels played in Cleveland, and I had a really good conversation with Percy. He mentioned that at NEARfest, they played without a soundcheck, so they were struggling with bad monitor mixes and such. Plus, when John Goodsall sat in, before they even had a chance to tune up, Goodsall counted off the song he was doing with them, so he was out of tune during the performance.

I will say, though, whatever irregularities Goodsall displayed onstage, he was great to hang out with that afternoon. He signed the albums I brought. He had this little lizard sitting on his shoulder, and when I handed him Do They Hurt Hurt, he pointed at the alligator on the cover and said it was the lizard's ancestor.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    A year or two after the NEARfest performance, Tunnels played in Cleveland, and I had a really good conversation with Percy. He mentioned that at NEARfest, they played without a soundcheck, so they were struggling with bad monitor mixes and such. Plus, when John Goodsall sat in, before they even had a chance to tune up, Goodsall counted off the song he was doing with them, so he was out of tune during the performance.
    I remember being a bit underwhelmed by that particular performance. They were all killer musicians, but I don't think that was one of their best shows.

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I remember being a bit underwhelmed by that particular performance. They were all killer musicians, but I don't think that was one of their best shows.
    +1.

What an amazing NF though. That Magma show changed my life - and I'm seeing them on Monday!

Saw them at the last Prog In The Park. Was not ready for it. Wow.

I saw them at NF and PitP. They kind of bored me. Noodlefest bordering on snoozefest. Talented but just not that exciting to me.