Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Cynthia Lennon

RIP Cynthia Lennon

Cynthia Lennon, the former wife of Beatle John Lennon, died on Wednesday at her home in Mallorca, Spain, a representative for her son confirmed. She was 75.

Lennon died of cancer and her son, Julian Lennon, was at her bedside, according to a statement from the family.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Sorry to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Sorry to read this.
    Me too. I don't know squat about her, but I get the impression that she was the woman John used to be mean to, he beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved. I'm willing to acknowledge that might just be a story I'm telling myself, but at any rate, I think they probably married too young.

R.I.P. Cynthia

I hope Julian soon finds the strength to find peace. I'm glad he was there for her.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    Me too. I don't know squat about her, but I get the impression that she was the woman John used to be mean to, he beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved. I'm willing to acknowledge that might just be a story I'm telling myself, but at any rate, I think they probably married too young.

R.I.P. Cynthia
    That was a Paul song. But, John was not kind to her. He went through a lot of pain and turmoil as a child, so there were reasons behind his behavior. Although, don't mistake reasons for excuses. Although, when he got her pregnant, he did do the right thing at the time.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

RIP. I've been watching some Beatles documentaries lately and Cynthia was interviewed extensively in one of them. The weird thing is I thought she'd passed away years ago. So I checked on Wiki and she was still alive. Now I read this. Weird.

RIP, my condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    That was a Paul song.
    Those are pretty dark lyrics for Paul, but I believe you.

I remember reading where she came back early from a vacation or something and found John in bed with Yoko.That was probably the beginning of the end of their relationship or maybe just the end. Anyway, RIP.

I'm currently reading the first part of the first book of the extended Beatles biography, so I suppose I'm going to learn a lot of everybody's backgrounds, including John Lennon's.

I just finished reading Cynthia's book about John a couple of days ago. She came across as a real class act and it was really interesting to read about things from her perspective. Really sad to hear about her death so soon after finally learning a bit more about her life and thoughts.

BTW, for what it's worth, Cynthia claimed in the book that John hit her only once while they were still at school, promised to never do it again and kept his word. I'm not sure if I believe it though.

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    Those are pretty dark lyrics for Paul, but I believe you.
    Well, the song was "Getting Better," so it's actually not dark at all.

I used to be cruel to my woman
    I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved
    Man I was mean but I'm changing my scene
    And I'm doing the best that I can.

Quote Originally Posted by viukkis View Post
    I just finished reading Cynthia's book about John a couple of days ago. She came across as a real class act and it was really interesting to read about things from her perspective. Really sad to hear about her death so soon after finally learning a bit more about her life and thoughts.

BTW, for what it's worth, Cynthia claimed in the book that John hit her only once while they were still at school, promised to never do it again and kept his word. I'm not sure if I believe it though.
    I've had a copy of that book for years and never read it. Maybe now is the right time.
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

I'm watching a Beatles BBC documentary called "Beatles Secrets" or something. Jane Asher caught some chick in her bed when she came back from doing some acting job. Paul was no saint either. Those guys all went wild. You would too....

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    Rest in peace, Cynthia Lennon.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

RIP.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Paul was no saint either.
    Neither, evidently, was the saintly Harrison, who admitted to having slept with Ringo's first wife.
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by mogrooves View Post
    RIP.....

Neither, evidently, was the saintly Harrison, who admitted to having slept with Ringo's first wife.
    While his best friend eventually stole HIS wife...

"Where "buddy" is only half a word..."

Bob

Drugs, sex, and rock 'n roll. Those were the times.

Jane Asher and Patti Boyd each had their share of lovers. Cynthia, I gather, was never part of that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by mogrooves View Post
    RIP.....

Stories of Harrison's phildandering were largely glossed over in that Scorsese movie, alas. But Paul McCartney did allude to it!

Cynthia seems to have remained publically dignified in the years after the split and beyond, which can't have been easy. That's something certain other people involved in this Beatles story should take note of (not Yoko, BTW).

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Stories of Harrison's phildandering were largely glossed over in that Scorsese movie, alas. But Paul McCartney did allude to it!

Cynthia seems to have remained publically dignified in the years after the split and beyond, which can't have been easy. That's something certain other people involved in this Beatles story should take note of (not Yoko, BTW).
    Who are you referring to?

In one of the recent Beatles documentaries I've seen (and also read on Wiki), it was said that George "hit" (had sex with) Maureen Starkey. That was "the last straw" for Patty. Then apparently "Magic Alex" had (or tried to) an affair with Cynthia.

Suspended
    ... and who is Magic Alex?

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Who are you referring to?
    Another of the women. Well, here's a clue!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/...p8UeoG67dQZHnr
    Last edited by JJ88; 04-04-2015 at 01:43 PM.

Suspended
    ^^ Well. If Heather Mills says it, it MUST be true.

She's less omnipresent now thankfully but I remember a series of whiny interviews from her. That was a recent one where she made all sorts of grand claims about herself at Paul McCartney's expense. None of the other Beatle wives/ex-wives have behaved like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    ... and who is Magic Alex?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_Alex