Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul: Who's Watching and What Do You Think?

Simply another failure of virtual semantics.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Had the chance to watch the finale on DVR last night. Did not blow me away, but I thought it was solid. I am in for the long haul with this show.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Better a Chicago Sunroof than a Cleveland Steamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Better a Chicago Sunroof than a Cleveland Steamer.
    Or an upper deck.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Or an upper deck.
    Or a St. Louis slider.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Not a stretch to think Marco and Jimmy and their fine taste in music would fit in around here. Rush and Uriah Heep posters on the wall, and Deep Purple's iconic song with a prominent role....
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

^^^ I about fell off the couch when "Season of the Witch" from Super Session kicked in!
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Not a stretch to think Marco and Jimmy and their fine taste in music would fit in around here. Rush and Uriah Heep posters on the wall, and Deep Purple's iconic song with a prominent role....
    When they were back at the apartment in Chicago there was a Rush 2112 poster on the wall in the background as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    When they were back at the apartment in Chicago there was a Rush 2112 poster on the wall in the background as well.
    The Rush poster was on the wall of a middle-aged guy who lives in his mother's basement. Not meant to be a compliment, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    The Rush poster was on the wall of a middle-aged guy who lives in his mother's basement. Not meant to be a compliment, I think.
    What's wrong with you??

Don't you understand that it makes no difference if it was a d'uh slap or a compliment. WE DON'T CARE!! It's a Rush poster on tv!!!!!

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    But that makes no sense. They respect him SO much that they want to give him a job offer and the actual interview is only a formality. He was fantasizing about it with his own name in their letterhead. Again, I wouldn't have a problem with a situation where he rejects being a corporate stiff for exactly the reasons you mention... but it would be nice if the events were set up so that the result followed the events leading up to it. Just very sloppily handled, and quite unnecessarily so.
    I guess they read my complaint ( ) because they backtracked and decided to have him take the Santa Fe job after all. Which really makes sense, given all circumstances. And they gave us a really strong episode in between. Season started off really well, IMO. I also liked how, on Talking Saul, Gilligan and Odenkirk stated that, although the show was initially going to be a comedic show about lawyer Saul prior to meeting Walt, they currently feel no urgency or even ascribe much importance, in dwelling on that stage of McGill's life. So, it looks like this season will be more about Jimmy McGill - older, wiser... slyer? - but Jimmy McGill nevertheless. And the show will be better for it, IMO.

Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    Gus!
    Love this comment on the video: "This chicken is TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT!" - user name Tuco Salamanca.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

I thought the cliff hangar for season two was a non-starter. Admitting you falsified documents on a tape you didnt know was recording you, would take a 10 dollar an hour lawyer 10 minutes to get any case against you thrown out.

Gilligan is better than that. I dont get it. did they simply run out of ideas?

Love the show, and I have an inroad, as my wifes hot cousin does all the digital recording/overdubs for the show. Do I know anything about next season anyone else knows? No. I just know she says its gonna be fantastic, but what else would she say?

Dont ever get fooled into thinking someone would risk their job to tell their cousin about things happening on the TV show they work on. They wont. and if theyre smart they never would because some tosser like me would bleed it all over the internet. Just to try to impress a few people who they dont know.

Seriously though, PM me and I'll tell you what I know about the upcoming season....It'll be our little secret....

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    I thought the cliff hangar for season two was a non-starter. Admitting you falsified documents on a tape you didnt know was recording you, would take a 10 dollar an hour lawyer 10 minutes to get any case against you thrown out.

Gilligan is better than that. I dont get it. did they simply run out of ideas?

Love the show, and I have an inroad, as my wifes hot cousin does all the digital recording/overdubs for the show. Do I know anything about next season anyone else knows? No. I just know she says its gonna be fantastic, but what else would she say?

Dont ever get fooled into thinking someone would risk their job to tell their cousin about things happening on the TV show they work on. They wont. and if theyre smart they never would because some tosser like me would bleed it all over the internet. Just to try to impress a few people who they dont know.

Seriously though, PM me and I'll tell you what I know about the upcoming season....It'll be our little secret....
    Screw the show. Now I wanna see the hot cousin!

Any thoughts about this season?
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    It was excellent. After a first season that was very good but also at times struggled to figure out what it was doing, I thought the third season was consistently really good. If I was to have any complaint at all, it would be that it's too bad they brought Gus Fring back (and he really does nothing other than just appear onscreen as Gus Fring) and put so much time into the Salamanca plot - which I wish they would ditch entirely. It makes BCS into a prequel, rather than its own show. Granted, it gives Mike something to do - which is always good - but they figured out ways to integrate Mike with Jimmy in other ways in the previous two seasons.

SPOILER

It occurred to me that they could open the next season with a hard-wired smoke alarm sounding off at Chuck's place.

Was the bottle of pills that Nacho handed to the medics the original pills, or was it the tampered-with ones that he was picking up off the ground?

How good did Kim's butt look in those pajama pants?!!

I have not seen the finale yet (have it DVR'd), but up to that point I think the season has been excellent.

How good did Kim's butt look in those pajama pants?!!

Thank you Dave!!!!!!

Greetings,

We thought it was a great season with kind of a different pace that built up very nicely. Loved it!

Cheers,

Alan

KIM'S ASS!!!