Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul: Who's Watching and What Do You Think?

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    KIM'S ASS!!!

I enjoyed it, and I dig that it's fairly "talk-y," but something has to start happening. Where was Mike?
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

KIM'S ASS!!!

I rather liked that too - I'm a huge sucker for a girl in comfy "around the house" clothes. But the best part about Kim in that episode is that we finally got to see her with her hair down instead of that ridiculous cheerleader ponytail.

Michael McKean should be nominated for his performance in that season. I think he was just fantastic (along with everyone else, mind you).
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Lenny, Derek St. Hubbins & Chuck McGill is indeed vast f*****g range as an actor.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Finale got to watch the finale today. Really enjoyed it. Great season again!

I think that this series is as good as Breaking Bad and maybe it is better
    I like to read different online bingo reviews here

Quote Originally Posted by lombarts View Post
    While I love Saul, B Bad imho set an almost unattainable standard for tv excellence.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by lombarts View Post
    I agree!
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Banned
    While I love Saul, B Bad imho set an almost unattainable standard for tv excellence.
    I agree. This season ended well with some really great acting and developments. But it has been a slow ride compared to the roller coaster that was Breaking Bad. BCC is not quite up to BB standards IMO.

I just started this. Episode 1 was sort of slow but I know they are laying the foundation. Breaking Bad was the best thing I've ever seen and it's difficult not to watch the entire thing again right now. I've heard great things about BC Saul.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I just started this. Episode 1 was sort of slow but I know they are laying the foundation. Breaking Bad was the best thing I've ever seen and it's difficult not to watch the entire thing again right now. I've heard great things about BC Saul.
    I think you'll like it. It can be very, very slow all throughout, just an FYI - but when the payoffs happen, they are big. And Michael McKean's performance is just outstanding. What an excellent dramatic actor he turned out to be.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

worth mentioning that the first couple episodes are kind of a fake out - the plot with the skaters make it seem like it's going to be an episodic, "client of the day"-type show, more comedic in nature...but it really isn't. I mean, it is very funny in places, but after a couple eps it does move towards a more streamlined, narrative approach. Dunno if I'd call it better than BB, but it's up there. As thrilling as it was, the nonstop drama and tension in BB made it a hard show to watch sometimes. BCS has that, but not to the same extent. I also think BCS has more interesting characters - they're not straight up evil and nihilistic as so many of BB's were, and I think it has a lot more interesting things to say about right and wrong. Chuck McGill is one of the most fascinating characters from any TV drama I can remember (and yes, McKean has a lot to do with that)
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Brilliant show, as good as BB to me...in different ways.

Is it going to start up again soon?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I believe it was announced for 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I will echo what others have said. Another outstanding series with great acting and writing. It has been bringing in more and more Breaking Bad characters too which has been interesting since we already know what happens to them in the end.

THey have actually himted that it may carry beyond Breaking Bad, with the scenes in Minnesota as the manager of a Dunkin Donuts(I think) THey could go into Saul as a manager of a mall shop, and I would still watch it. I did hear that they stopped Saul in order to do a Jesse TV miniseries about his post BB life. Not sure how all this is going to go. Its really sad that there have been such long breaks between seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    THey have actually himted that it may carry beyond Breaking Bad, with the scenes in Minnesota as the manager of a Dunkin Donuts(I think) THey could go into Saul as a manager of a mall shop, and I would still watch it. I did hear that they stopped Saul in order to do a Jesse TV miniseries about his post BB life. Not sure how all this is going to go. Its really sad that there have been such long breaks between seasons.
    It is too bad that they go so long between seasons as it does kind of kill the momentum. There is a Jesse movie in the works which may or may not include future Saul. Everything is being kept pretty tightly under wraps so far.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    August this year
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

no, the new season got pushed back until 2020.

It could all have been very different if Bob Odenkirk had landed the Michael Scott role in the Office - he even did a cameo in a later episode when Pam went looking for a job away from Dunder-Miflin/Sabre.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Cinnebon in Nebraska....close

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    I will echo what others have said. Another outstanding series with great acting and writing. It has been bringing in more and more Breaking Bad characters too which has been interesting since we already know what happens to them in the end.
    this kinda takes some of the drama out of the series but I think it still works. we don't know what happens to Nacho (though he does make a brief appearance in BB, right?), nor Kim...think it's safe to say Jimmy messes it up with her, but we really don't know that do we?
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    Cinnebon in Nebraska....close

this kinda takes some of the drama out of the series but I think it still works. we don't know what happens to Nacho (though he does make a brief appearance in BB, right?), nor Kim...think it's safe to say Jimmy messes it up with her, but we really don't know that do we?
    True, Kim is the big mystery since she does not appear at all in BB. I could be wrong on this, but I don't think Nacho ever appeared in Breaking Bad either.

no, Nacho was never in BB either.

They could kill either or both of them off for that reason, but I suppose BCS/Those characters fans would like to have them just to not be in Albuquerque at the time.

And I could easily see in the upcoming BB movie, have them return.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    no, Nacho was never in BB either.
    There's a passing mention of him, though. When Walt and Jesse, masked, abduct Saul/Jimmy and make him think they're going to kill him, he blurts out, "Oh no no no, it wasn't me, it was Ignacio!"
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx