Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul: Who's Watching and What Do You Think?

that must be what I'm thinking of - he also asks "did Lalo send you?" in that scene...either the greatest instance of foresight in TV history or a clever writers' trick

since BB is told mostly from Walt's POV, it would make sense that Nacho & Kim are still around. there's even a possibility that Kim & Jimmy are still together somehow, though Saul does make a few lewd comments in BB that lead me to believe he's single by that time.

one thing I like a lot about BCS is that the characters are a lot less 'compromised' and that the shades of morality are a lot greyer. I loved the contrast of Jimmy & Chuck - both manipulative and unethical in different ways - Chuck's schemes are all within the bounds of the law, while Jimmy's aren't. Jimmy's okay robbing from the rich & greedy, while Chuck seems unwilling to help the little guy. I like that it has one character in Kim who is actually mostly good, despite loving the thrill of a good grift. I also like how Howard, who is set up to be this asshole no-nonsense lawyer, actually winds up being sort of a good guy.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

returning 2/23/-2/24 2020 (Sunday/Monday)
    https://twitter.com/ltsSaulGoodman/s...74950899888128

Jimmy finally makes the decision that changes everything — to practice law as "Saul Goodman." And this decision will soon create unexpected and profound waves of change for everyone in his world.
    @BetterCallSaul Season 5 returns for a 2 night premiere 2/23 & 2/24

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    returning 2/23/-2/24 2020 (Sunday/Monday)
    https://twitter.com/ltsSaulGoodman/s...74950899888128

Jimmy finally makes the decision that changes everything — to practice law as "Saul Goodman." And this decision will soon create unexpected and profound waves of change for everyone in his world.
    @BetterCallSaul Season 5 returns for a 2 night premiere 2/23 & 2/24
    Cool, thanks for posting!

was this role originally written with Bob Odenkirk in mind? it feels like it must've been.

hmm, yeah I think it was.

Hank comes back for Season 5, as well as Ed (the late Robert Forster)

https://ew.com/tv/2020/01/16/better-...button-sharing

^^^Wow. Two more seasons. Didn't think there would be more story than one more season.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

maybe, or maybe they'll do more with Gene, the alias he goes by working at the Cinnabon in Nebraska.

What a depressing end to an illustrious law career... Cinnabon. You'd hope he'd made enough to just retire laying low in a shopping mall is not the best way not to be seen.

well, he's the manager

bump.

Season Premiere last night, 2nd episode tonight!

From last night's Premiere:

enjoyed among others things. the extensive opening scene/segment.

RIP Robert Forster.

Also MIKE!

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    bump.

Season Premiere last night, 2nd episode tonight!

From last night's Premiere:

enjoyed among others things. the extensive opening scene/segment.

RIP Robert Forster.

Also MIKE!
    Yup, excellent episode all the way through.

The return of Hank and Gomez. Woot! Now we're only missing Heisenberg and the whole band would be back together.

Someone needs to off Lalo. Dude's a total dick. Drunken Mike breaking dude's arms is way cool. Don't mess with the old man.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    Someone needs to off Lalo. Dude's a total dick.
    Well, if you feel like spoiling things for yourself, you could check IMDB to see whether he was a Breaking Bad character or not.

actually, I'm awfully curious to see Lalo and Tuco in an argument, lol.

Anyone know how Lalo knew where Gus's drop points were located? Crazy 8 told the feds (spoiler) but the mrs and I could not figure out how Lalo knew how to spill that info...

She sent off a note to Her cousin who does digital sound for the show... We havent heard back yet,but we reviewed the last few episodes and couldn't see it. anyone have an answer?
    Last edited by Yodelgoat; 03-04-2020 at 11:49 PM.

I had another issue regarding the conflicts with the BB timeline: Tio Salamanca is wheelchair-bound in Better Call Saul, however, in BB, he is present healthy and hale while Gus, Mike, and Jesse go down to Mexico and poison everyone with the spiked agave. Wasn't Salamanca pissing in the Don's pool? If the flashback is pre-Saul, what is Jesse doing down there? He was still bangin' crack ho's in Albuquerque!

Whenever the cheerfully malevolent Lalo appears I keep thinking of him as Kevin Kline's character in A Fish Called Wanda.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

BCS is awesome still and betting better as time passes. My wife emailed her cousin who does the overdubs for the show, and all she says is - "You aint seen nothing yet.... " I'm paraphrasing, as she talks more like an intelligent person, but the jist is this season gets really good....

I have to keep reminding my Sis about things that happened on BB as her mind ain't what it used to be. She didn't remember what Dedicado a Max meant. I think she only watched BB the first time when it was on and hasn't revisited it whereas I've got the dvd set and watched it through a few times so I can understand.

RE: Lalo/Kevin Kline, I'd bet if you told Lalo the London Underground WAS a political movement he'd agree. God's I love that sequence in Fish - "Monkey's don't read philosophy" - "Yes they do, they just don't understand it" always gets me. Damn, that's such a good one I might have to pull it out and watch again.

I was watching a show on Cowboys in film, the glamorization and all that, but they got to Leone's Spag Westerns and how dirty they all looked. BCS has that feel to it, lot's of desert, open spaces and just an overall dirty feel to it. It's a desert, it's got lots of dirt. Kinda simple, really.

Like it's so hot there there's no reason to take a shower. Think of the Mexican restaurant where they count the cash. Looks like it's never had AC ever. Since there are no good guys in this story it's totally on point.

I'm in suspense for Kim after this last episode.

Quote Originally Posted by arabicadabra View Post
    I'm in suspense for Kim after this last episode.
    Yeah, she is not going to weather this well. She is playing a doomed role, and you can see that she doesnt have that set of big brass balls that Jimmy has - which enables him to survive. I will miss her and it cant be something benign - like she decides to move to Oregon and become a day care worker.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Yeah, she is not going to weather this well. She is playing a doomed role, and you can see that she doesnt have that set of big brass balls that Jimmy has - which enables him to survive. I will miss her and it cant be something benign - like she decides to move to Oregon and become a day care worker.
    Well. She's not going to Oregon just yet. Gotta give them credit those last few minutes were awesome television. I didn't see it going down like that at all.

Totally out of left field. It really didn't make much sense. Perhaps the initial scene with pre-teen Kim and her irresponsible, narcissistic mother set the stage for the last scene with Saul/Jimmy. Even though it's about Jimmy winning, it's also about doing what's best for Kim. This thing is the best show on television!

I wonder if the writers will reference Kim at some point in 1 of the Gene sequences.