Thread: Eiliff

Eiliff

Damn great stuff.

Yeah, this one is pretty darn good, jazzy, but still got that rockin' edge. Reminds me a bit of Samurai/ Web
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Yeah, this one is pretty darn good, jazzy, but still got that rockin' edge. Reminds me a bit of Samurai/ Web
    Indeed.But "Hallimasch" is certainly kraut as well.The track could compair them to Nine Days Wonder first album.

got both on a 2on1 CD (probably a boot, but didn't know that at the time)... pity for the shitty artworks

revisited this some 6 months ago, and t reminded me that I shouldn't let it disappear behind other albums.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Their debut is actually a lot better, IMHO. Like Soft Machine ultimo Third crossing over with KC's Lizard. Great, great stuph.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

chalkpie
    yes great! Like Scrotum said - the debut album is killer.

LOVE this band!!! gets regular spins here.

Third vote for the first s/t, great album indeed! Keyboardist Reiner Bruninghaus was later a member of Eberhard Weber's Colors and also recorded solo albums for E.C.M.

Quote Originally Posted by zutul View Post
    Third vote for the first s/t, great album indeed! Keyboardist Reiner Bruninghaus was later a member of Eberhard Weber's Colors and also recorded solo albums for E.C.M.
    And became practically the right-hand man of Jan Garbarek for a long succession of years.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Their debut is actually a lot better, IMHO. Like Soft Machine ultimo Third crossing over with KC's Lizard. Great, great stuph.
    Yes. A krautrock favourite of mine as well. Both their albums still get regular spins at home.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

I think they’re both excellent Kraut-ish progressive jazz rock albums. Don’t bash Girlrls, I love that album!
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

chalkpie
    Love the crazy dissonance before the vocals come in (before 2:30ish). Cool trippy ass stoner shit -who doesn't like that? I'll take three.

chalkpie
    Second movement at 3:56? Love that intro. This shit is so killer! Thanks for posting you crazy ass motherfucker! Yeah you know what I'm yakking about.....Yakking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    I think they’re both excellent Kraut-ish progressive jazz rock albums. Don’t bash Girlrls, I love that album!
    Not bashing, man. As with other Canterburian Krauters (Brainstorm, Thirsty Moon et al.) there were typically two great albums to choose from, and thankfully they were a bit different. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    It is better.I just like to listen "Hallimasch" over the first album 6-1
    Last edited by Modry Effekt; 04-04-2015 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Love the crazy dissonance before the vocals come in (before 2:30ish). Cool trippy ass stoner shit -who doesn't like that? I'll take three.
    Cool,thanks chalkpie

Eiliff s/t - this is GOOD. I don't know why I only spin this once every few years - it certainly deserves more time. Love those sax/wind lines.

The Long Hair vinyl reissues are excellent. My advice to anyone living with those poorly done WWR CDs (or later twofers made from them) is to jump on them. They are very reasonably priced.

I'm not always crazy about Long Hair but Ken Golden recommended these to me and they did not disappoint. Maybe somebody with the originals would think they aren't that hot but they sound very fine to me.