Thread: Any Full Circle fans here?

Any Full Circle fans here?

Was listening to Myth America on vinyl yesterday and loving it.

mythamerica.jpg

I also have their first "Full Circle" on vinyl and "Secret Stories" on CD. They really didn't put out many albums, but I love each of them. Their music was a mix of world music, jazz and classical. Very progressive, but not rock - definitely on the jazz side but also definitely world music with African and Brazilian influences.

Any other fans here?
    Anything else like them that you would recommend?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

I only have their first one on LP:

R-4931999-1379797651-7697.jpeg.jpg

Not a real fan, but I remember I liked the music. Haven't played the record for years and when I found a cheap CD-version I didn't even buy it.

Caldera would be something to compare them with, although they are more in the Latin and jazzrock-vein.

Lito Vitale Cuarteto comes to mind too.

nice information
    thanks all

Don't know the band, but from the description, you may want to check out Air Craft.

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/al..._near__so_far/

A great Dixie Dregs album that few people are aware of.....

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post

Caldera would be something to compare them with, although they are more in the Latin and jazzrock-vein.

Lito Vitale Cuarteto comes to mind too.
    I have all the Caldera, on vinyl too of course since they never made it over to CD. Yes, that would be a valid comparison I think. I will check out Air Craft.

Thanks
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I have all the Caldera, on vinyl too of course since they never made it over to CD. ....
    Thanks
    Actually, the first two have been out on CD for a while (Caldera and Sky Isalnds), and incredibly, Dreamer is supposed to come out as well (check Amazon for more détails)

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by arabicadabra View Post
    That was also the first thing I thought when seeing the thread title. One of their best.

Quote Originally Posted by rickmoraz View Post
    Actually, the first two have been out on CD for a while (Caldera and Sky Isalnds), and incredibly, Dreamer is supposed to come out as well (check Amazon for more détails)

Ed
    I received Dreamer last week from Japan. Personally I think it's their best, most progressive one. Wonderful Moog-playing and guitar-solo's.
    Sky Islands was released in Japan too, but came out later with Caldera on one CD in the USA.

Shadowfax, especially everything after their progressive jazz-rock debut Watercourse Way (the original).

Has anyone read the book "A Pause In The Rain" by Joy Greenberg, Chuck's widow? I liked it, partly because it was written by someone who doesn't come from the music scene, which makes it a more personal than musical biography.

It was their last, but far from their best.

Also a scary but beautiful soundtrack by Colin Towns:

113947165.jpg

Yeah, huge fan here. Have at least three of their albums. The band always had great bass players. Didn't Kai Eckhardt play withy them for an album or two?.

Here's some info on the band: http://www.karllundeberg.com/jazz.html