Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Throw away-sell ALL your amps

You can now get a 12 year old Fractal Ax FX Ultra for $600. Is it worth it to get one of these or has modelling progressed to the point of making this unit obsolete? Apparently, you can download edit software which makes it easier to edit the sounds. There's also apparently lots of user patches available for download. I am really tempted to get one of these even though they're no longer supported.

My Zoom 9050 just gave up the ghost and I replaced it with a Line 6 Pod X3 for $100. Wow! You can go down a rabbit hole with this thing. Cabinets, heads, mic's, effects........ I find it easier to scour the presets that everyone else has done and then tweek one of those to my liking. It's really damned amazing what these things do. The technology in this unit is 15 yrs. old, but hell, it sounds pretty damned good for the money!

The eons are closing
    Our guitarist was using a line 6 pod back in 98/99 and it was amazeballs then!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

These modellers are getting really really good and many established artists swear by them, not the least on the road but also in the studio and not only HiGainMetalHeads. Though the better Fractal, Kemper, NDSP Quad Cortex and Line 6 Helix are as expensive as a boutique combo or head. The older models are still quite good though.
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

I do it all…clean sounds though my Hughes & Kettner amp, dirty, modeled sounds through it (it has it built in), traditional pedals, and also a Line 6 POD XT Live.

Life is too short to cut an option out.