Thread: 1979-Costello, Squeeze, Joe Jackson, Ian Dury, The Jam, Graham Parker, Nick Lowe etc.

1979-Costello, Squeeze, Joe Jackson, Ian Dury, The Jam, Graham Parker, Nick Lowe etc.

1979 what a great year for all those old pub rock geezers coming out of the pub rock scene and produccing some great melodic, catchy new wave toons!

I loved this stuff, especially Lowe/Edmunds/Rockpile, Costello, Joe Jackson and The Jam.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Jon Neudorf
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    I loved this stuff, especially Lowe/Edmunds/Rockpile, Costello, Joe Jackson and The Jam.
    Me too, and still do. Some timeless music there.

Regards,
    Jon

I played the grooves out of "Heat Treatment". A top 10 all-time for me.

Love Joe Jackson, one of the great lyricists of all time IMO. Got into Squeeze kind of late, but dig them a lot too.

Quote Originally Posted by jlneudorf View Post
    Me too, and still do. Some timeless music there.

Regards,
    Jon
    Actually, I should not have said "loved" in the past tense. I still dig this stuff.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Joe Jackson is a peculiar kind of genius. Just look a his career as a whole and you'll see a man who is not afraid to diversify. From his first album to his most recent, Duke, he has included pop, punk, classical, jazz, soundtracks and pretty much everything in between. And very seldom boring. Long may he continue ....
    Squeeze are one of the best songwriting duos ever, one of the very few that can be mentioned in the same sentence as Lennon & McCartney without embarrassment.
    And Graham Parker is also an unsung hero who has been turning out class albums for years and years.
    Great that all above are still on active duty.

Thanks for this thread. I've been singing along to songs I haven't heard in 30+ years, and not missing a word. Funny what the mind holds onto.