Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: itunes 11

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Winamp is insanely easy to use, is nowhere near the memory hog that iTunes is, and has no demand for you to "upload your library."
    For PC, I stopped using Winamp and WMP and have become a big fan of Foobar2000.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    For PC, I stopped using Winamp and WMP and have become a big fan of Foobar2000.
    What do you like better about Foobar vs Winamp?

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Okay. I uninstalled itunes 11 and installed an older version. When I clicked on the itunes icon, it says that the file iTunes library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of itunes. Help!!

Banned
    Digital Vs Vinyl - I think Vinyl wins in this case!

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    I actually like the new iTunes but keep in mind a lot of the "new look" features that aren't very good come preselected now. You can restore it to the look and feel of iTunes 10 if you monkey around for a couple minutes. I'm finding it's quicker than 10 and a lot of the little annoyances in 10 have been fixed. Still I do miss the little artwork in the corner. I wonder why they got rid of that. I wasn't aware anyone actually used cover flow.
    I liked the cover flow, and put a lot of work into making it look cool. I'm pissed they took it away. Clearly this thing is designed with a tablet in mind and not a traditional computer. The only reason I updated was that my old version was seriously monopolizing resources.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

After a couple of clicks I have iTunes 11 set up in a way that is, for the way I tend to use it, nearly identical to what it was before. No issues and in fact the way the song/albums are displayed when I select sorting by "Artist" seems perfectly logical and I can easily do anything I used to do...and in much the same way as I used to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by florentine pogen View Post
    Okay. I uninstalled itunes 11 and installed an older version. When I clicked on the itunes icon, it says that the file iTunes library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of itunes. Help!!
    http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Dow...-OS&id=7420058

I only use iTunes to upload CDs and put on my iPod Classic. All I care about is it functioning. Still using XP which works fine. I know support ends in 2014. If I was to upgrade OS, it would be to 7, not 8.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidfirerob View Post
    I only use iTunes to upload CDs and put on my iPod Classic. All I care about is it functioning. Still using XP which works fine. I know support ends in 2014. If I was to upgrade OS, it would be to 7, not 8.
    Pretty much the same use that I have for iTunes. If I am going to play a CD on my computer, I have WMP as the default player. FLACs are taken care by Audacity. I am dreading the day that I have to change my OS from XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    What do you like better about Foobar vs Winamp?
    I like the interface. I like the fact that I can very effortlessly just have my entire directory list updated anytime I rip a new CD into that folder. I like the drag and drop from that list to my playlist, the search functions, the lack of any advertisement, etc.

I feel like it's just simply effortless.

This is not to say that I don't like Winamp and it was my first MP3 player of choice as early as the late 90s. But I think you should at least try Foobar out if you're curious. You could be a convert, or it might not be for you.

Just like as a mail client, while everyone uses Outlook, I prefer Mozilla's Thunderbird. Works great on both PC and Mac, can place and organize my work and home accounts effortlessly, and I feel is less intrusive to my system.

In the end, what works for your habits and configuration is best. I'm a little frustrated with iTunes these days and will be looking for a new client shortly, especially after reading how 11 seems to be.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    How do I get the miniature cover art back?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    How do I get the miniature cover art back?
    By changing back to 10.7