Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Renaissance - Academy of Music Live '74 (2 CD) Release April 20

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    ^^

Nottoo bad a track selection actually... (but you'd thing they'd have started with Prologue, instead of using it as an epi-prologue )

I might think about ordering both actually

...yeah, what he said!!!

I just found both new albums on Emusic, so am grabbing them by download, they sound intriguing.

Well worth the purchase. I think you'll agree.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    BTW re: April 20 release date...it's already been released.

Acoustics are awesome for this recording date. The bass is correct from my memory, Camp must have used a bass pedal or something in those days like Rutherford. I kind of miss that forward bass in the new Renaissance. This album captured very well the experience from those early days, even the feedback that was all too common in concerts during that time. I think the acoustics here are better than the "Carnegie Hall" release.

Quote Originally Posted by cazz View Post
    I think the acoustics here are better than the "Carnegie Hall" release.
    I've collected all their discs and I'm a long time fan but I have never understood the reverence for the Carnige Hall discs

I'm with you on the sound, very open, and what a high energy performance, fantastic show

I just a/b'd it to the boot I had and this slays that, the RIO does have the opening intro music, which this does not unfortunately

Highly rec'd

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Just purchase this from Synphonic...Gonna spin this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    I've collected all their discs and I'm a long time fan but I have never understood the reverence for the Carnige Hall discs
    I'm the same. I pretty much have everything they put out, but the Carnegie Hall release was never a favorite of mine, despite the overwhelming fan appreciation for it. Just not as much energy and clarity as most of the other live Renaissance shows I have.

Interesting. I just bought this, literally 5 minutes ago and am listening now. It's very nice indeed. Well worth having. Annie is a hoot!
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.