Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charity single Hackett/Beggs/ Reed/Longdon/Booth/Nick_D'Virgilio

Really loved this track. What a great idea.

FYI - David Longdon was the runner-up for Genesis lead vocalist after PC left. It was down to him and Ray Wilson. As we all know, Ray ended up with the gig, but it's easy to see why DL would've also been a great fit for Genesis. Alas, it was not to be...

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    FYI - David Longdon was the runner-up for Genesis lead vocalist after PC left. It was down to him and Ray Wilson. As we all know, Ray ended up with the gig, but it's easy to see why DL would've also been a great fit for Genesis. Alas, it was not to be...
    IMO he would have been a much better choice than Ray Wilson--like his voice way more, especially in the higher range---and wish Hackett would have used him as a vocalist on his albums a long time ago.

Having a problem trying to order this thing. Go to Cherry Red link above but cannot seem to find this, and it won't let me search the site for it, redirects me to a Norton page or some shit. I dunno where to purchase or donate for this?? I live in the U.S., any help is appreciated.

I never really had any doubts this would be a beautiful recording, I have total faith in 'The Visionary' Rob Reed, and adding in Tina's and David Longdon's vocals, were just icing on the cake. What really has surprised me is that I now cannot hear the tune in my head without singing the lyrics, it's like they were always present, and I've only heard them over two days. I have loved this tune forever, it really does lift the spirits on the saddest of days.

I picked my copy up from Amazon and you get an auto rip, so no problem in waiting for the CD, I too struggled with Cherry Red's site.

Quote Originally Posted by HONDO View Post
    Having a problem trying to order this thing. Go to Cherry Red link above but cannot seem to find this, and it won't let me search the site for it, redirects me to a Norton page or some shit. I dunno where to purchase or donate for this?? I live in the U.S., any help is appreciated.
    My computer will not let me order from Cherry Red either. But the good news for us in The States is Greg Walker just got them in. He will probably even have them at Rosfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mt. Pleasant Farm View Post
    My computer will not let me order from Cherry Red either...
    Ditto. Tried to order, gave up for the above-mentioned issues...
    -=Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?=-

Got mine on itunes...3.99 for 4 versions.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I gave up trying to procure the CD last night and settled for the Amazon download. The Cherry Red link just gives me a browser full of broken html source code.

guys, Cherry red just installed thier new website this week and whilst its working in most other respects, the shop aspect has hit some real issues, they are very very aware of this and its ongoing but in the meantime I would suggest Amazon or I am pretty sure Greg has ordered them in

Thanks Vicky for the info, I will order from Greg, and I am sure that all the proceeds will go to the proper place(s).

Ordered from Amazon UK. I had the same issue with Cherry red website others have had. Looking forward to hearing this.

Here is the correct link guys and it does appear to be working. Its the interface between website and shop that has issues.

http://shop.cherryred.co.uk/shopexd.asp?id=5026

Wow! Just wow! Definitely a goosebumps-inducing piece of music and lyrics.

Note to self: see Greg Walker asap Friday!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Excellent...!!

Included this in my most recent order.

Love it.

Number 1 on Amazon in the UK in classic british Rock section !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    Number 1 on Amazon in the UK in classic british Rock section !!!!
    Woohoo!! So nice to see

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Ordered up from Burning Shed!