Thread: What happened to Wobbler?

What happened to Wobbler?

I loved their last album called rights at Dawn. I haven't heard much from them after that.

Rites at Dawn is the name.

Wobbler is essentially the brainchild of keysman Lars Fredrik Frøislie, who's a musician-workaholic in several genres and has a LOT going for him at all times. He's working in at least a handful of different projects simultaneously (music for film and TV and theatre, studio jobs as hired hand, production duties etc.), so we'll just have to forgive him for not thinking that "our prog" warrants advantages over the rest of it. Last I heard about Wobbler was an urge to do more gigging, while at the same time seeing new material come to life in the rehearsal space and careful plans to start recording stuff "maybe next year at the earliest". Chances are good that the band will take yet a new turn as regards stylistic approach, though - but still remaining "prog" in one way or another.

Martin (drummer) is in the excellent Tusmørke, who are "prog" but very different from Wobbler. They're usually playing to impressive-size audiences here in Norway and have two records out.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

I read a review recently of a gig they did in Norway last October with new guitarist Geir Marius-Halleland including a new song called Gnocchi which is apparently a tribute to Museo Rosenbach and Il Balletto Di Bronzo.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

[QUOTE=Scrotum Scissor;387985]Rites at Dawn is the name.

That is what I get for using Dictation!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim35 View Post
    That is what I get for using Dictation!
    "Did you use your Dictaphone?"

"Of course not! I used my finger!"

I love Wobbler!!! All three records really speak to me. Hopefully a new album materializes soon.
    The Prog Corner

I love their music too-the song 'In Orbit' from 'Rites At Dawn' is my favorite track of theirs. Just stunning.

At 70, I'm a Wobbler (and also a fan of the band). In my aged & oft deluded brain, I'm an ex-pat retiree living in Norway.

I have & love all 3 albums. For me anyway, there are many moments when I'm listening to them that "time stands still".
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman