Thread: Stone is brewing in Germany

Banned

Banned
    On CBS Sunday Morning, the brewer from San Diego with his beard and long hair was shown on the cover of a German magazine as Beer Jesus. I hurt myself laughing. Apparently Germans have developed a taste for American Strong Ale.

Love pretty much everything I have had from Stone.

Germany is a beer loving nation

On a beer amounts per head Ratio you will find Germany in the top three of Europe alongside Austria and the (normally leading)
    Czech Republic.

Each German drinks an average of 107 Liter (about 28.2 gallons) of beer per year. (Heidewitzka Herr Kapitän )

But Germany is in the clutch of industrial junk beer (normally "Pils") which becomes more and more a sort of "hurt nobody"
    mega boring "no specific taste anymore" stuff. Although it's not as terrible as the usual American industrial junk beer.
    (and the Situation is much much better in South Germany)

Still all that micro brewery culture that you can find in the States (and some european countries) is just developing and in a
    very early stage.

There is some slight development in Craft Beer becoming "chic" in Germany. I really hope that it will be a breakthrough as I prefer
    a over anytime.

I was reading the other day of Cascade hops now being grown in Germany. Betcha that Sierra Nevada will be next to open a brewery in Europe.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

The Brooklyn Brewery worked some times with German breweries....

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    On CBS Sunday Morning, the brewer from San Diego with his beard and long hair was shown on the cover of a German magazine as Beer Jesus. I hurt myself laughing. Apparently Germans have developed a taste for American Strong Ale.

Beer Jesus? Let’s hope he only walks on water & doesn’t brew it…

"Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    Germany is a beer loving nation

On a beer amounts per head Ratio you will find Germany in the top three of Europe alongside Austria and the (normally leading)
    Czech Republic.

Each German drinks an average of 107 Liter (about 28.2 gallons) of beer per year. (Heidewitzka Herr Kapitän )

But Germany is in the clutch of industrial junk beer (normally "Pils") which becomes more and more a sort of "hurt nobody"
    mega boring "no specific taste anymore" stuff. Although it's not as terrible as the usual American industrial junk beer.
    (and the Situation is much much better in South Germany)

Still all that micro brewery culture that you can find in the States (and some european countries) is just developing and in a
    very early stage.

There is some slight development in Craft Beer becoming "chic" in Germany. I really hope that it will be a breakthrough as I prefer
    a over anytime.
    The episode showed Beer Jesus drinking at one of the new craft beer pubs. The interview was with a young lady who talked about the industrial beer being boring.

You should see the place Beer Jesus bought. Huge sq footage indoors, like a giant hangar. Could create Beer Bethlehem there

Cookie Monster Guitarist Onomatopoeic's Avatar