Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm not dead yet!!

I watched Monty Python reruns on our local PBS channel in the '80s. Couldn't get enough of it. My best friends in school were the ones who loved it as much as I did.

When I met my future wife, I knew we were going to hit it off when I found she had the VHS box set of the entire run of Flying Circus. To this day we still sing things like "I Like Chinese," "The Lumberjack Song," and "Spam." We're trying to get our 3-year-old to sing along with "Eric the Half-a-Bee." Just passing the legacy on to the next generation, you know.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Half a bee, philosophically, must ipso facto half not be.
    But the half of bee has got to be vis-a-via it's entity.
    D'you see?
    But can a bee be said to be, or not to be, an entire bee,
    When half a bee is not a bee, due to some ancient injury.
    Singing...
    Last edited by notallwhowander; 03-17-2015 at 10:47 PM.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Hello, I would like to buy a fish licence, please.

This is a dog license with the word 'dog' crossed out and 'cat' written in in crayon!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

You're a looney!

'Thrust' Presenter (Chapman) : Good evening. I have with me tonight Anne Elk. Mrs. Anne Elk.

Miss Anne Elk (Cleese) : Miss.

'Thrust' Presenter: You say you have a new theory about the brontosaurus

Miss Anne Elk: Can I just say here Chris for one moment that I have a new theory about the brontosaurus.

'Thrust' Presenter: Exactly.

[long pause]

'Thrust' Presenter: Well, what is it?

Miss Anne Elk: [looks around, concerned] Where?

'Thrust' Presenter: No, no, your new theory.

Miss Anne Elk: Oh, what is my theory?

'Thrust' Presenter: Yes.

Miss Anne Elk: Oh, what is my theory that it is. Well, Chris, you may well ask me what is my theory.

'Thrust' Presenter: I am asking.

Miss Anne Elk: Good for you. My word yes. Well, Chris, what it is that it is - this theory of mine. Well, this is what it is - my theory that I have, that is to say, which is mine, is mine.

'Thrust' Presenter: Yes, I know it's yours, what is it?

Miss Anne Elk: [looks round again] Where? Oh, what is my theory? This is it.

[clears her throat at length]

Miss Anne Elk: My theory that belongs to me is as follows.

[clears her throat very noisily and violently]

Miss Anne Elk: This is how it goes. The next thing I'm going to say is my theory. Ready?

'Thrust' Presenter: [exasperated] Yes.

Miss Anne Elk: My theory by A. Elk, brackets, Miss, brackets. This theory goes as follows and begins now. All brontosauruses are thin at one end, much much thicker in the middle, and then thin again at the far end. That is my theory, it is mine, and it belongs to me, and I own it, and what it is, too.

'Thrust' Presenter: That's it, is it?

Miss Anne Elk: Spot on, Chris.

'Thrust' Presenter: Well, uh, this theory of yours appears to have hit the nail on the head.

Miss Anne Elk: And it's mine.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Today at work I verified a software problem, the gist of which was that an error message was being produced when code was executed that was supposed to return a list of hardware devices. When working properly, the code was supposed to return "ni".

The problem resolution that I put in reports that the code now says "ni", but it does not say ""ekky-ekky-ekky-ekky f'tang zoop-boing".
    Another engineer replied that I should keep an eye on the test code and reopen the problem and give it back to him if it mentions a shrubbery.

Nnnnnnnnnnnnu.

Glad,i have always liked you and Monty Python.

Who would you rather vote for: Jethro Q. Bunn Whackett Buzzard Stubble and Boot Walrus-titty, or Tarquin Fin-tim-lim-bim-lim-bin-bim-bin-bim bus-stop F'tang F'tang Olé Biscuit-barrel?
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Just noticed Monty Python on Jimmy Fallon NOW!!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Who would you rather vote for: Jethro Q. Bunn Whackett Buzzard Stubble and Boot Walrus-titty, or Tarquin Fin-tim-lim-bim-lim-bin-bim-bin-bim bus-stop F'tang F'tang Olé Biscuit-barrel?
    VERY silly.

Two.