Thread: 18 Musicians that Need the American Recordings Treatment

18 Musicians that Need the American Recordings Treatment

Pretty good list - I'd buy some of these. I can think of a few proggers that could benefit from a back-to-basics approach.

http://www.avclub.com/article/18-mus...eatment-216175

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Let the artists do what they want to do. None of this remolding or trying to get the band to go back to their roots crap. I hate it when they do that because usually it's the record companies idea(not always but a lot of times). Look at Rush. It seems like they felt they had to go back to a much harder edge sound to please not just their fans but some of the people who helped to produce their music. Just watch the "beyond the lighted stage" dvd and you'll know what I'm talking about.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Yes, at this stage it feels like such a rock cliche to do the whole 'go to Rick Rubin and make a stripped down album' thing.

Suspended
    It is indeed cliched. Like that whole "unplugged" thing. Eric Clapton did "Unplugged" which was a huge success... and next thing every man and his dog was putting out an "unplugged" or "acoustic" album, or making a big deal over the inclusion of acoustic "bonus tracks".

Also, judging by that list, being American is not a requirement for getting the American Recordings treatment.

It's the word "treatment" that bothers me most - the implication that the project is driven not by the artists, but by suits in conference rooms.
    Last edited by bob_32_116; 03-12-2015 at 10:58 AM.