Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Night of the Prog Festival-impressive line-up!

This is the official website: http://www.nightoftheprogfestival.com/en/home-2/

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It seems the card I received was for 2018, but listed previous bands and some of this years bands intermingled. Kind of weird.

Historic french band ANGE confirm its presence on sunday on their website
    https://www.ange-updlm.com/concerts/

It has been the 5th NOTP festival in row for me. There will be no lengthy review this time, I just want to say that I was really impressed by the Big Big Train headlining on Friday (it might have been their first concert outside of UK), and I was thoroughly disappointed by Isildurs Bane with Hogarth (and with Barbiery, which is much worse, I really don't know why he was brought there).

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Most reports I've heard seem to say it was an excellent festival with some great performances.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Overall yes, the festival was very good, however I couldn't help being disappointed with some performances. Sea Within, for example... But still not as bad as IB & H, as much as like most of Isildur's Bane's albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Silantyev View Post
    I just want to say that I was really impressed by the Big Big Train headlining on Friday (it might have been their first concert outside of UK)
    Nope. Around the time of the Bard album the band played a tiny festival called Progfarm. Although Bard is quite a good album (much better then the band let you believe) it was at a time when the band was slowly disintegrating. From the ashes of that period basically Andy Poole and Gregory Spawton rebuild BBT slowly but surely into the fine unit they have become.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    Nope. Around the time of the Bard album the band played a tiny festival called Progfarm. Although Bard is quite a good album (much better then the band let you believe) it was at a time when the band was slowly disintegrating. From the ashes of that period basically Andy Poole and Gregory Spawton rebuild BBT slowly but surely into the fine unit they have become.
    BTW, what was the reason Andy Poole left the band early this year?

BTW, what was the reason Andy Poole left the band early this year?
    Read the postcard (that somehow really fits in with the whole BBT thing) here: http://bigbigtrain.com/main/2018/01/...om-andy-poole/

It has been the 5th NOTP festival in row for me. There will be no lengthy review this time, I just want to say that I was really impressed by the Big Big Train headlining on Friday (it might have been their first concert outside of UK), and I was thoroughly disappointed by Isildurs Bane with Hogarth (and with Barbiery, which is much worse, I really don't know why he was brought there).
    My buddy went along with his wife and reported the same

He loved Camel's set as well...

They didn't hang around for Sunday, though - did a little tourism around the area and on the way home.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I might have seen your buddy - sat for a short time next to a Belgian couple of around 45 - 50 years old, but didn't have time to talk to them.

Camel performed very well - but that was expected. I had seen them live twice before and never was disappointed.

I might have seen your buddy - sat for a short time next to a Belgian couple of around 45 - 50 years old, but didn't have time to talk to them.

Camel performed very well - but that was expected. I had seen them live twice before and never was disappointed.
    Closer to 50 than 45... both fairly tall and black-haired. Spoke French between them, but she might also have spoken German to others as well

I was never thrilled by Camel's concerts I've seen (three times in the early 00's)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Camel's show are NF was excellent.