Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Current Mike Portnoy Social Media Debacle...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    For a contrary view, I generally don't mind sifting through Jed's many quips, which lighten things up, even if many miss the mark. Occasionally he comes through with a gem, like opening a Norwegian restaurant called Meal Norse.

But, I may be in the minority, and it's your site.
    Thanks, Gerhard, but was Sean singling me out? I hope not. There are a ton of one-liner posts in this thread. There are even some posts that are just smiley's and such.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Thanks, Gerhard, but was Sean singling me out? I hope not. There are a ton of one-liner posts in this thread. There are even some posts that are just smiley's and such.
    JKL, I don't know you, but I appreciate your humor. meal norse....

These forums can get pretty intense, I am trying to ween myself away from the internet. Its becoming all too much. But the little laughs are much welcomed.
    Still alive and well...

Quote Originally Posted by Nijinsky Hind View Post
    JKL, I don't know you, but I appreciate your humor. meal norse....

These forums can get pretty intense, I am trying to ween myself away from the internet. Its becoming all too much. But the little laughs are much welcomed.
    Thanks, glad you enjoy my posts. I may occasionally judge other peoples' opinions but never their right to post what they want.

GUILTY!!

"Man cannot live by words of sage-like wisdom alone" Humor & laughing (or for that matter groaning & wincing) balances all the self-aggrandizing that is rampant here (mea culpa as well).
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Jefferson James
    Mike Portnoy and Neal Morse walk into a hospital; after a long, long wait, the two are finally ushered into the examination room.

Doctor: "Mike, open your mouth."

Mike: "Doc, why? It's my arms that are sore."

Neal: "Mike, just open your mouth, it's important you trust this guy."

Mike: "Okay, but just remember, my fans are waiting. Awwwwwwwwwww." (opens mouth widely revealing inner-cheek "Slayer" tattoos.)

The doctor peers long and hard into Mike's mouth; after a long pause, the doctor says gravely, "You can close your mouth now," then sits back and puts on his reading glasses. "Mike, I don't know how to put this to you," said the doctor, "but it's not good news."

Mike, visibly shaken, replies, "Doc, what's wrong with me?"

The doctor removes his glasses and solemnly replies, "Mike, you've got a bad case of hemorrhoids."

Neal, clearly concerned, whispers, "I might be looking through rose colored glasses, but I thought the wind blew them all away?"

i really wanna like this guy but then he does something stupid.

np.. World Without End
    Last edited by BravadoNJ; 03-10-2015 at 10:37 PM.

Thanks, glad you enjoy my posts. I may occasionally judge other peoples' opinions but never their right to post what they want.
    I think you're very funny, but I want you banned for misplacing the apostrophe in "people's".
    ^ Crap one-liner.

Hands up everybody whose favourite Marx Brother was Zeppo?

I always liked Shemp the best, never got all hoopla over Curly. Yeah he was funny, and the "break out" star of the team, but he just never "resonated" with me . Larry was my second favorite Stooge.

Groucho for life!!!
    Still alive and well...

Still can't believe Mike is not on this board. If Geoff Downes posts....
    (Or is he???)
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Still can't believe Mike is not on this board. If Geoff Downes posts....
    (Or is he???)
    Gruno is Mike Portnoy.

There. I said it.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    This fiasco will happen here in the U.S in a few short years if Obamacare is not repealed. There will be a major shortage of health care professionals and hospiltals will be understaffed and staff will be underpaid.
    What fiasco is that?

A guy with a modicum level of fame does not get preferential treatment over 'regular' people with more serious ailments? If that's you idea of a 'fiasco', I am happy to have more of these fiascoes.
    And if there were a god, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence - Russell

Maybe Pamela George (Randy's wife) can chime in here. I saw Randy's FB post that attempted to explain what went down. IMHO, waaay too much is being made about this. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by simon moon View Post
    What fiasco is that?

A guy with a modicum level of fame does not get preferential treatment over 'regular' people with more serious ailments? If that's you idea of a 'fiasco', I am happy to have more of these fiascoes.
    I think Jubal probably meant longer lines and less staff.
    Still alive and well...

Portnoy couldn't control his arms and flipped his lid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Yeah, at this point the comedy is long gone.
    There's still plenty of comedic gold to be mined here. I haven't even made a Whinery Dogs joke!

There's still plenty of comedic gold to be mined here. I haven't even made a Whinery Dogs joke!
    But many think it's only "fool's gold"
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    But many think it's only "fool's gold"
    i can dig it...
    Still alive and well...

I think I've seen this movie before. It was called Portnoy's Complaint.

Mike Portnoy has always come across as a hot-head with a big ego. Typical Long Islander.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet