Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brit Floyd: Your Thoughts?

Going to Brit Floyd when they play Bethlehem.

Great band.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeatherWiseCDC View Post
    Some guys become the performers they were supposed to be imitating.

Damn, that's embarrassing to watch. I couldn't take more than a few seconds of the head bobbing.

Why do you keep posting this? Your version is less snarky this time, but still unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Why do you keep posting this? Your version is less snarky this time, but still unnecessary.
    I thought I replied on the first page but was mistaken so I reposted it as well as I could recall. I don't think it's snarky - it's an honest evaluation of the Neil Diamond impersonator. I don't doubt it's an accurate impersonation, actually. This no different from people saying the vocalist from The Musical Box telling the Peter Gabriel stories verbatim is embarrassing to watch - I agree, although I've seen TMB several times.

When we were visiting my wife’s sister in Florida we went to see a Neil Diamond impersonator at a club / restaurant who calls himself Neil Zirconia (get it….fake diamond). I am not really a Diamond fan, but the girls wanted to go se we went. He actually put on a fun show and sounded a lot like the real thing. Not my normal cup of tea, but the girls loved it and with a few good beers it was a fun evening.

^ Now HIM I love!

I was fortunate enough to see Brit Floyd last Friday and Saturday at the beautiful Benedum Center in Pittsburgh. A truly amazing show. They have really excelled in reproducing all things Pink Floyd. Very different sets both nights. If you get a chance to see them this tour, do it. They are superb. And yes, they are doing Louder Than Words off of The Endless River.

I gotta see these guys. Are they doing any Animals stuff this tour?

Yes, they are doing "Sheep" this tour!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mt. Pleasant Farm View Post
    I was fortunate enough to see Brit Floyd last Friday and Saturday at the beautiful Benedum Center in Pittsburgh. A truly amazing show. They have really excelled in reproducing all things Pink Floyd. Very different sets both nights. If you get a chance to see them this tour, do it. They are superb. And yes, they are doing Louder Than Words off of The Endless River.
    Interesting. My friend took his son to the Saturday show. How did the sets differ?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

just saw them last week on a pbs station and they are pretty good but nothing i would crave to see

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Interesting. My friend took his son to the Saturday show. How did the sets differ?
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/brit-f...-53cbdf99.html
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/brit-f...-6bcbda56.html
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I'm seeing Robbie Wyckoff this Saturday. He was the vocalist for Roger Waters for "The Wall" tour. Should be a good show.

Anybody check out their US tour dates? that is the longest damn tour I have ever seen! Six full months !!? Granted there are a few weeks off in the middle but still... In an era where a Magma, UK, or Flying Colors can get no more than a handful of good gigs across the USA, these guys get well over 100. Whaddaya gonna do, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Cats On Glue View Post
    just saw them last week on a pbs station and they are pretty good but nothing i would crave to see
    Yeah, I'm kinda like that, too. Sure, they're good. But, it's too much to pay for a cover band, even if the production is so well-done. Don't get me wrong. They deserve what they can get. But, it just isn't for me.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

The only Floyd tribute band I've ever seen is Pink Droyd, who played in Cleveland a few years back. THe thing that was interesting was, during Echoes, as they were coming out of the "seagulls" section and moving into the next bit, the keyboardist started playing a chord sequence that most definitely wasn't part of Echoes. And I recognized what he was playing. SO after the show, I went to the stage to talk to him about that, I asked, "During Echoes, did I hear you playing a bit of Saucerful Of Secrets?". He smiles and says, "You're the first person who's ever noticed that! Yes I was!".

One of the really cool things about that show was during SHeep, they used a bit of the animated version of Animal Farm on the projection screen. I thnk they had also pulled some of the films off of the Pulse DVD for some of the other songs.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    The only Floyd tribute band I've ever seen is Pink Droyd, who played in Cleveland a few years back. THe thing that was interesting was, during Echoes, as they were coming out of the "seagulls" section and moving into the next bit, the keyboardist started playing a chord sequence that most definitely wasn't part of Echoes. And I recognized what he was playing. SO after the show, I went to the stage to talk to him about that, I asked, "During Echoes, did I hear you playing a bit of Saucerful Of Secrets?". He smiles and says, "You're the first person who's ever noticed that! Yes I was!".

One of the really cool things about that show was during SHeep, they used a bit of the animated version of Animal Farm on the projection screen. I thnk they had also pulled some of the films off of the Pulse DVD for some of the other songs.
    I think I would call that the "loon" section.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I think I would call that the "loon" section.
    I call it the bit where Gilmour had his wah wah pedal plugged in backwards.

Reviving this thread. . . I saw Brit Floyd last Saturday night in Tulsa, OK for the first time. They compared very favorably to the one (and only) time I saw the Pink Floyd live in 1987 on the Momentary Lapse tour in Dallas. The Brit Floyd players really have it down to the incredible minor details and really play with a passion. The "Million Dollar Light Show" (with real lasers!) was just as good as what I remember from 1987, except no huge pig floating over the audience or scale model airplane crashing into the back of the stage. But all in all, a stellar 2.5 hour experience. If you like/love the original Floyd, you will dig these guys. If you want to see some samples of their videos, see www.britfloyd.com

Forget to mention that they are in the middle of a huge US tour with 75-100 dates.
    And ticket prices are very reasonable IMHO: I paid $60 for a decent floor seat about
    halfway back (including fees). Lots cheaper than PG & Sting Cheers!

Brit Floyd is definitely the 'standard bearer' of PF tribute bands...ABSOLUTELY go if you can...the stage show, the sound, the musicians...top of the line and worth the ticket price hands down

I never miss them.....saw the Atlantic City show this time around....Echoes was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I wonder if they have added any Endless River tunes to their set this year.
    They did Louder Than Words last year.

I'm going Saturday night. Saw them last year and it was one of the best concerts I have ever been too. The music is so well suited for a theatrical type tribute. The lead guitar player from last year left which I'm sad about. His solo on Comfortable Numb was absolutely amazing. The great thing was that he wasn't really trying to mimic Gilmour, but playing in his own style clearly influenced by Gilmour. Very compelling. These dudes also do some deep cuts. They played some stuff from Final Cut.