Thread: Anyone tried Tsu?

Anyone tried Tsu?

It's a new social media platform kind of like Facebook, except that they supposedly pay a large portion of the advertising revenue back to the users. I'm going to give it a go. I've accumulated a whopping 7 cents in 3 days. But, the more people join, and the more you interact, supposedly the more you make. I may never see a cent of it in actuality, but what the heck. If anyone wants to join me over there, here's a link:

http://www.tsu.co/kmjarvis
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter" - Yoda

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

Just for the heck of it, I made a prog page over there...I'll be posting some of my favorite videos of old and new prog, just a couple a day...
    http://www.tsu.co/allthingsprog

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Sounds like a pyramid scheme

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Sounds like a pyramid scheme
    Not really, although you can benefit from having people sign up under you, you don't have to. Revenue is generated by liking, commenting, and sharing, and having other folks do the same for you. And while you do get a percentage of revenue from the activity of those who sign up under you, there is no cost or investment required of you like there generally is in a pyramid scheme. The revenue all comes from advertisers, much like on YouTube. And the more activity you and your content has, the more revenue is generated. Also, there's no physical product or service to be purchased or sold...As long as the activity continues, the advertisements appear on the pages, and the revenue continues to be generated. It's really quite brilliant.

Having said all that, I'd add two more things. 1) There are obviously some folks on there who are just there for the money, and so they just try to befriend everyone and generate activity. And, 2) That's NOT the primary reason I'm there, so I'm just having fun and doing basically the same stuff I do on Facebook...Interacting with friends, seeing what other folks find interesting or newsworthy, and promoting my bands...So there's really nothing to lose. While I have accumulated about 70 cents so far in my account, and so far it has been growing at an increasing rate, if I never actually see one cent in my hands, I'm having fun and spreading the word about my music...So I see it as a win-win. And for those who don't want to bother with it, I certainly understand and support that view completely.

www.farpointband.com
    www.greyfeather.net
    www.kevinjarvismusic.net