Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So, you have a time machine…

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    I'd step into Mr. Peabody's Wayback machine and set the dials for the Amougies Festival(Belgium) in 1969.The lineup of rock, progressive rock, and jazz/free jazz artists who performed there was mind boggling.
    Great lineup indeed. Count me in.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festival_d%27Amougies

Go back to 1976, Joaquin Miller Middle School, after school on the lawn beyond the baseball diamond and tell 8th grade me to get up the nerve to kiss Tina Lupecky. Then all will be well with the world.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

I'd go back, kill Adam and prevent the whole mess.

[QUOTE=No Pride;390380]According to the last bio I read on him, the police and paramedics claim that never happened; he was already dead when they got to Monica Whatsername's flat. Of course, that's their story and we're stuck with it.

That's probably what happened, but the cause of death was still inhalation of vomit. I would go back and prevent that from happening. One thing to do would be to stop Jimi from taking the approximately 8 or 9 of Monika's sleeping pills. That would solve the problem right there.

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    I'd step into Mr. Peabody's Wayback machine and set the dials for the Amougies Festival(Belgium) in 1969.The lineup of rock, progressive rock, and jazz/free jazz artists who performed there was mind boggling.
    I'd have to check my ROIO boxes, but iirc, lots of recordings from this festival exist, and are circulated by live music traders.

[QUOTE=Cuz;390560]
    Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    According to the last bio I read on him, the police and paramedics claim that never happened; he was already dead when they got to Monica Whatsername's flat. Of course, that's their story and we're stuck with it.

That's probably what happened, but the cause of death was still inhalation of vomit. I would go back and prevent that from happening. One thing to do would be to stop Jimi from taking the approximately 8 or 9 of Monika's sleeping pills. That would solve the problem right there.
    In that case, I hope somebody builds a time machine in our lifetime and gives you access to it. Can you imagine all of the music he had left in himself?!

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    [QUOTE=Cuz;390560]

That's probably what happened, but the cause of death was still inhalation of vomit.
    And since this was about 15 years before DNA testing was available, they were never able to determine whose vomit it was.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    I'd go back, kill Adam and prevent the whole mess.
    It's just a matter of keeping Eve away from that apple. Take some chocolate.

Fly back to the night Stalin never gets born -> save the world.

[QUOTE=No Pride;390725]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post

In that case, I hope somebody builds a time machine in our lifetime and gives you access to it. Can you imagine all of the music he had left in himself?!
    I've been saying for decades that the biggest loss in rock n roll, as far as the music we never got to hear, was the death of Jimi Hendrix.

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Fly back to the night Stalin never gets born -> save the world.
    Go back to March, 1878 and cock-punch Besarion Jughashvili?

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Use the time machine.....take black metal to the Vikings...
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

[QUOTE=Cuz;390560]
    According to the last bio I read on him, the police and paramedics claim that never happened; he was already dead when they got to Monica Whatsername's flat. Of course, that's their story and we're stuck with it.

I'd get aggressive with Jimi's handlers and see that he'd get some rest on a regular basis, eliminating any reason for taking sleeping pills.
    ...show up in my van in Clear Lake, Iowa on 2 Feb 59 and give Buddy, Ritchie and JP a ride to Moorhead, MN.
    ...inadvertently see a bar owner fixing a mickey finn for Robert Johnson; I'd 'accidentally' knock it over and offer to pour another glass of whisky and deliver it to RJ myself
    ... keep Syd away from the steady flow of LSD
    ... be a friend to Janis Joplin and keep her away from heroin (a tall order, I know)

but hey, that's just me
    Last edited by davis; 03-27-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    [QUOTE=davis;391451]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post

... keep Syd away from the steady flow of LSD
    but hey, that's just me
    "Ladies and Gentlemen! Get ready for that fabulous polka band Pink Floyd!"
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Just jumping into this thread. I would put a bullet into Mark David Chapman's head on December 7, 1980.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Shown Zappa what he might die from way too early, if he didn't stop smoking.
    Frank died of prostate cancer. What did cigarettes have to do with it, unless he was smoking them at the wrong end?
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Lots.
    My dad (doctor of medicine) died from bladder cancer which is also known to be connected with smoking (statistics).
    Dont think its only the lungs that suffers.

http://urology.jhu.edu/newsletter/pr..._cancer612.php

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2836346/

Lots.
    My dad (doctor of medicine) died from bladder cancer which is also known to be connected with smoking (statistics).
    Well, yes, but I don't recall it being tied to smoking in Frank's case. In fact, didn't he have problems for years and, essentially, told that it wasn't much to worry about? (I'm paraphrasing.)

I could be mistaken, here.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Go back to March, 1878 and cock-punch Besarion Jughashvili?
    Yes,but his family were innocents.If there was never Stalin.there was never myself either.Damn Stalin.

Lots.

http://urology.jhu.edu/newsletter/pr..._cancer612.php

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2836346/
    Sorry about your dad,Zeuhlmate.
    Now here is real timemachine

Make several trips back to the spring and summer of 1965 through 1969 and buy boxes of baseball cards, while hoping I don't get suspicious looks from the store owner (adults didn't buy baseball cards back then), and hoping that he doesn't look too closely at my coins and see the dates. Several trips per season will be required since cards were issued in series back then.

Repeat the same procedure with hockey cards but buy clear through the 1970's.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    Make several trips back to the spring and summer of 1965 through 1969 and buy boxes of baseball cards, while hoping I don't get suspicious looks from the store owner (adults didn't buy baseball cards back then), and hoping that he doesn't look too closely at my coins and see the dates. Several trips per season will be required since cards were issued in series back then.
    Hell, why not go back to the late 1800s and get some of those tobacco cards that featured players? One of them would be worth as much as all those others.

Didn't you guys watch Butterfly Effect? You go back and start grabbing cards and stuff and when you come back you'll be a dope addicted paraplegic and your kids will have died of cancer. Don't do it.

I'd go back in time to whenever the Board of Directors at McDonald's approved the McRib. Then I'd slap them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightwave View Post
    I'd go back in time to whenever the Board of Directors at McDonald's approved the McRib. Then I'd slap them all.
    But, they keep bringing it back.

Funny side note. I have a client who makes dog food for national brands. One of the products is the Rachel Rae line. We've done lots of conceptual product extension work for them. One of the concepts was a rodeo-themed dog treat that was supposed to resemble ribs. Guess what I used for the product photo on the package design?

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Didn't you guys watch Butterfly Effect? You go back and start grabbing cards and stuff and when you come back you'll be a dope addicted paraplegic and your kids will have died of cancer. Don't do it.
    So we go back and disrupt the making of that movie. Easy-Peasy