Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP Leonard Nimoy

William Shatner- "I loved him like a brother. We will all miss his humor, his talent, and his capacity to love."
    Zachary Quinto- "My heart is broken. i love you profoundly my dear friend. and i will miss you everyday. may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest."
    LeVar Burton- "God Bless You, Leonard Nimoy... May Angels guide thee to thy rest!"
    Wil Wheaton- "We stood on your shoulders, and wouldn’t have had a galaxy to explore if you hadn’t been there, first. Thank you, Leonard, Rest in peace."
    Jeri Ryan- " RIP, Mr. Nimoy. You really did live long and prosper, and we were all the richer for it."

Official NASA- RIP Leonard Nimoy. So many of us at NASA were inspired by Star Trek. Boldly go...
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Another cool Nimoy photo

Nimoy with Buick.jpg
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

"One of the few good things about modern times: If you die horribly on television, you will not have died in vain. You will have entertained us." ---Kurt Vonnegut

He and Zack Quinto were great in that Audi ad. Somebody should post it.

Heard about this today. Big ST fan over the years. Sad news indeed. Live long and prosper! I guess he did live pretty long. 83 isn't bad.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Everyone I know who worked with him or knew him loved him. RIP as George Takai said today---"He was a good and noble man."

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post
    He and Zack Quinto were great in that Audi ad. Somebody should post it.
    So… why don't you, ya know… post it?

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar

It.

Oh no! It's the end of an era. Always had a special fondness for him. May he be resurrected to a better world than all the ones he sought as Mr. Spock!

Quote Originally Posted by 2steves View Post
    Everyone I know who worked with him or knew him loved him. RIP as George Takai said today---"He was a good and noble man."
    Apparently he was close personal friends with William Shatner. It happens quite a bit where people who work intensely become lifelong friends. Not always but quite often.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    Apparently he was close personal friends with William Shatner. It happens quite a bit where people who work intensely become lifelong friends. Not always but quite often.
    Shatner is a baffon though. Much prefer Leonard, RIP.

RIP to a truly superb actor, even when not a Vulcan.

I was lucky enough to see Nimoy on Broadway in "Equus" in the 70s. He was nothing short of phenomenal!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

I very much enjoyed his role in the recent Star Trek movie and of course, all the original series I love so much

I'm sad for his family to have to deal with this grief

I know he will rest in peace until the coming resurrection, then I will get to meet him and express my appreciation for his work in person
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Very sad, but he led a rich and varied life and left a great legacy. I'm not sure what more you can ask for. As an actor, he was super-fortunate to land that role of Spock, and he truly made the most of it, though he paid a bit of a price in terms of never being able to shake that association. In the end I think he embraced it. To do otherwise would have been, illogical.

He will be missed.

Bill

A reminder, all the Star Trek: Original Series episodes are available for streaming on Hulu.

http://www.hulu.com/star-trek-the-original-series

Think I might watch "A Piece of the Action" just for Kirk and Spock bickering over how to drive a car

Spock: [balking at the prospect of another ride in a car with Kirk at the wheel] Captain, must we?
    Capt. Kirk: It's faster than walking.
    Spock: But not as safe.
    Capt. Kirk: Are you afraid of cars?
    Spock: Not at all, Captain. It's your DRIVING that alarms me.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I thought he was great in ST: The Movie. Everyone hates that film but I've always loved it.

RIP Leonard Nimoy. your memory and legend will long live and prosper!

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I thought he was great in ST: The Movie. Everyone hates that film but I've always loved it.
    The first one, Star Trek: The Motion Picture? I like that one, ST2:TWoK and ST4:TVH the best. The others have their moments, but The Search for Spock sucks. Total misfire.

Loved Wrath and Search. Didn't care for IV.

What a fine person he always seemed - a one-man masterclass in living graciously with a career dominated by a single role.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

IMO it's got the best original soundtrack of any movie, ever.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

Quote Originally Posted by dropforge View Post
    The first one, Star Trek: The Motion Picture? I like that one, ST2:TWoK and ST4:TVH the best. The others have their moments, but The Search for Spock sucks. Total misfire.
    Loved Wrath and Search. Didn't care for IV.
    My ranking:

II - The Wrath of Khan (1982)
    VI - The Undiscovered Country (1991)
    III - The Search for Spock (1984)
    IV - The Voyage Home (1986)
    V - The Final Frontier (1989)
    I - The Motion Picture (1979)

I remember going to see the first star trek movie at the midnight showing when it first opened. I was in high school or maybe junior high. Probably the first time my parents let me stay out past midnight. Everyone I was with fell asleep except for me. I loved the movie and feel its maybe the second best out of the 6.