Thread: Buckingham-Nicks reissue - not likely

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names

Buckingham-Nicks reissue - not likely

I know there are some fans of this album here at PE who'd swipe this up in a minute if it ever got a proper CD release (not a Russian bootleg). I've always found it inexplicable that this album never saw a CD release, given Fleetwood Mac's runaway success in the '70s and '80s. Especially when you consider that dozens of classic rock albums have been reissued on CD two and three times over in the last 12 years. It has big-name recognition value and the with the 40th anniversary right around the corner, you'd think that it'd be a savvy move to finally reissue this on CD (maybe with some extra pics from that album cover photo shoot ).

Buckingham-Nicks.jpg
    Buckingham-Nicks 2.jpg

According to Rolling Stone magazine, among the many things Buckingham and Nicks currently disagree upon, one of them is whether or not to reissue their lone album as a couple (pre-Fleetwood Mac) self-titled Buckingham-Nicks (1973). Nicks says she'd like to commemorate the upcoming anniversary of that release with a reissue, reformation of that band and a tour. Buckingham says its "economic suicide" though the article isn't clear whether he means the album, a tour, or both. Oddly enough, or rather I should say typically enough, he's perturbed at Nicks because she doesn't want to release a new FM album. He says there are 8 new tunes from he and the boys (Fleetwood, McVie) waiting for Nick's to lay down vox and whatever else she might add, but she'd rather not, citing that "Nobody is interested in albums these days".
    Last edited by 3LockBox; 12-19-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that