Thread: Yowza... These guys rock!

Yowza... These guys rock!

Following Jack Bruce's death I searched out anything and everything related to Cream on Youtube. This was probably my greatest find.
    I had never heard this band's music before although I knew about their existence. Wonderful mix of hard rock and prog.

I am amazed they were never bigger than they were, but maybe they were just 2-3 years too late to this particular party?

IMO the reason they weren't bigger is because actually they don't rock very much at all. I have BGA albums, and 80% of the songs are MOR AOR, very few true rockers on the albums.

Great band
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    IMO the reason they weren't bigger is because actually they don't rock very much at all. I have BGA albums, and 80% of the songs are MOR AOR, very few true rockers on the albums.
    I have never heard their studio albums, but if what you say is true they must be very different than this live performance. Seriously, watch it all the way through and tell me if you still think they don't rock.

The first tune is a slow blues and there is a CSNY-style number in the middle but otherwise it all rocks or swings hard.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    Seriously, watch it all the way through and tell me if you still think they don't rock.
    I didn't say they didn't. Read again what I wrote. Their studio albums have 1 or 2 heavy rocking songs the rest is bluesy-MOR-rock often no rockier than Moody Blues or Gerry Rafferty.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    The Asia of the 70's?

When he sings "inside of me" it sounds like "in sodomy".
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    The Asia of the 70's?
    If only they could've sold a quarter as much...

Quote Originally Posted by Garden Dreamer View Post
    When he sings "inside of me" it sounds like "in sodomy".
    Snips' diction is amusing in places. "Freeedoooom. That's wut it izzz. Ug!"