Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Mike Rutherford Interview: "There are no plans, but I would never say never."

New Mike Rutherford Interview: "There are no plans, but I would never say never."

Today, Feb. 24, 2015 - Relix magazine
    http://www.relix.com/articles/detail...phish_and_lamb

Nice to hear they still get along well. And this made me laugh even though I kinda knew-

**The documentary was my idea because other people don’t tie it all in like you think. They don’t know that Peter was in the band. They don’t know Phil ever played drums. People would say to me, “You’re Mike of Mike + The Mechanics and you were in Genesis?” So now, they can get the whole picture.**

"Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

At this point, I wish they all would say "never."
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Cookie Monster Guitarist Onomatopoeic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    At this point, I wish they all would say "never."

I wish they would have said "never again" just before they began recording Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeic View Post
    I wish they would have said "never again" just before they began recording Duke.
    Good thing they didn't ask you then. People like myself might never have discovered them otherwise.

+++ NEWSFLASH +++ member of GENESiS casually denies reunion rumours +++ NEWSFLASH +++

With all due respect to the above posts, but really Who Cares?

The documentary showed how disparate they all are now, and by the time Gabriel makes his mind up it'll be way too late.

I vote for never.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

As someone has already stated WHO CARES?
    All this " Will they,Won't they?" talk over the last year is becoming rather repetitive and imho boring.Wish someone within the band would just come out and say "The reunion will never happen!" THEN WE CAN ALL GET ON WITH OUR LIVES!

Wish they'd just shut the f*^k up !

Interviewers keep asking them.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

All the bitterness here.

Personally, I would LOVE to see them do something. I never got to see the band and have no interest in them without Peter and Steve.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by iguana View Post
    +++ NEWSFLASH +++ member of GENESiS casually denies reunion rumours +++ NEWSFLASH +++

Haha, yep. This is basically every single interview with a Genesis member. Interviewers, stop asking this shit and ask more interesting questions!

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    All the bitterness here.

Personally, I would LOVE to see them do something. I never got to see the band and have no interest in them without Peter and Steve.
    Would love to hear a studio album with Pete and Steve back in the band. Live? Might be a disaster.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by aith01 View Post
    Good thing they didn't ask you then. People like myself might never have discovered them otherwise.
    Not only that, but most of my favorite stuff wouldn't have been recorded.

At this point, it doesn't matter to me if they get back together or not. I've accepted that they've been done for a while.

He's just promoting Mechanics tour---it won't happen but The Lamb is amazing and a new live version by these guys would be a prog dream come true for me. But maybe it won't be as good as I want it to be---Saw Mike a few years ago strolling in my neighborhood with his girlfriend---it's obvious he's had a face lift and other cosmetic surgery ---his vanity was sort of surprising to me.

Quote Originally Posted by 2steves View Post
    Saw Mike a few years ago strolling in my neighborhood with his girlfriend---it's obvious he's had a face lift and other cosmetic surgery ---his vanity was sort of surprising to me.
    His girlfriend? Woah, don't tell his wife of almost forty years about that!

He has had numerous polo accidents, one of which knocked his teeth out and broke his nose, which could explain at least part of the differences you see in his face.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

"You’re Mike of Mike + The Mechanics and you were in Genesis?"

Yeah... I don't think that there are a ton of people in this camp.

As far as a reunion goes, I'd love to hear a new album - if it was a genuine attempt to make a Genesis album. I wouldn't be too interested if it was just an opportunity for three guys to each put a few of their own songs on an album that has the Genesis name on it.

I would love to hear Peter (regardless of how his voice is not the same as days gone by) sing those old tunes as opposed to Nad.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

I bet Mike got a face lift because he started looking like himself in the Land of Confusion video!
    I also vote for never and wish the ignorant pop media would just commit mass suicide. That's Entertainment!
    JG

"MARKLAR!"

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post

He has had numerous polo accidents, one of which knocked his teeth out and broke his nose, which could explain at least part of the differences you see in his face.
    To think that they used to think that croquet was a vicious game.

Remember, there would be no interview if the artist did not solicit the willing interviewer.

The end result is a balance between the interviewer who is inexperienced & the artist who does not wish to offend.

Now, ask Roger Waters or David Gilmour about a Pink Floyd reunion. C'mon, I dare you!
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Would love to hear a studio album with Pete and Steve back in the band. Live? Might be a disaster.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Onomatopoeic View Post
    I'll never understand this point of view. What harm did those albums do to you?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Because that's what we all need: the in-his-mid-to-late-60s Gabriel dressed as Rael trying to sing those songs...or re-interpreted as world-influenced lullabies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Giant View Post
    I bet Mike got a face lift because he started looking like himself in the Land of Confusion video!
    I also vote for never and wish the ignorant pop media would just commit mass suicide. That's Entertainment!
    LOL! You mean, if we get to watch....